Upper Applegate Rafting Video - Mountain Buzz

Old 01-28-2012   #1

Medford, Oregon
Upper Applegate Rafting Video

We finally got some rain in Southern Oregon and got to dust off the boats. Here's a video from the Upper Applegate:

WillCarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2012   #2

Pugetopolis, Washington
Paddling Since: 96
You guys are fast.

Good stuff,I'm jealous
BarryDingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012   #3

Oregon City, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1972
Fun video! I'd like to see how you had the camera mounted. It seemed to stay in place pretty well, even when dragged through overhanging branches.
The Mogur is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2012   #4

Hey where is this? I just moved to K Falls and I am trying to get oriented. This run doesnt seem to be in soggy sneakers. What river does the applegate flow into? Where is the put in. I went to the trip report on the indigo website but the google earth link is down.

Thanks
tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012   #5

Oregon City, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1972
The Applegate flows northward from the California border into the Rogue River at Grants Pass. There is a dam in the lower reaches of the river, so this run is obviously upstream from the reservoir. It definitely is a rain basin run.
The Mogur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012   #6

North Bend, Washington
Paddling Since: 2009
Nifty stuff! Thanks for sharing!
Kendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012   #7

ashland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony View Post
Hey where is this? I just moved to K Falls and I am trying to get oriented. This run doesnt seem to be in soggy sneakers. What river does the applegate flow into? Where is the put in. I went to the trip report on the indigo website but the google earth link is down.

Thanks
Tony,

The put-in for this run is about an hour east of Ashland, about 1/2 between Medford and Grants Pass. There is a write-up on AW, It's a great but short class 3 to 3+ creek run with continuous gradient, This time of year, the flow is from rainfall but it also has a dependable snowmelt season in Apr./May. There also two other boatable creeks in the drainage as well, Elliot and Carberry; Elliot has a short class 3 run and Carberry has a fun class 4 run (there a short write-up on AW on Carberry too) I paddled them both yesterday and I'm also the speeding kayaker in Will's clip.
Did you get on the list serve because we will do these runs whenever they're in as they're fairly close and we love to show people down both of these runs. When the snowmelt season starts and there is more daylight after work runs on these two runs or Box Canyon on the Sacramento happen often.
pretender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012   #8

Medford, Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretender View Post
The put-in for this run is about an hour east of Ashland,
Nick, I think you mean west of Ashland?

Also, Tony, can you let me know where that broken link is?

Will
WillCarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012   #9

Nick,

Thanks for the beta and yeah I did get on the list. The list is awesome. I kept hearing people talk about applegate and it really confused me. Thanks for the clarification!

Will,
I didnt test them all but at least a few of your "click here to see the put in and takeout on google earth" links were not working. I got a error page from google earth saying I should let you know. I loved your TR page! I got very psyched for the goods around here. The illinois looks fantastic! Not sure I want to take my raft but I deffinately would love to kayak that.

Thanks guys!!
tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012   #10

ashland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony View Post
The illinois looks fantastic! Not sure I want to take my raft but I deffinately would love to kayak that.
Tony,
FYI, we're planning a little self-support mission on the Illinois for this upcoming weekend. It is lots nicer in May though, you can pick sunny days and of course more hours of daylight too.
NIck
pretender is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rafting