Trip Trades - Mountain Buzz

Old 02-20-2019   #1

Salt Lake City, Utah
Trip Trades

Thought I'd jump on the bandwagon of trip trade threads that have popped up recently, but leave this thread more generic so that others can use it to post trades/invites of their own if they want.

I'd be interested in adding some folks to the permits I have lined up for this year in exchange for an invite on something else. I have permits for the Salt, Westwater and Tatshenshini-Alsek.

My Salt launch is for March 23rd, taking out on the 27th.

Westwater is March 30-31. Doing it on the way back from the Salt.

The Tatshenshini-Alsek permit is taking out at Dry Bay on July 14th. That's obviously a much bigger trip with some large time and money commitments and we would want to meet someone first, ideally on a river. We have to be in Haines by July 3rd and we're launching on July 4th, spending 11 days on the river before the bush planes fly us out on the 14th. Flying from Juneau back home on July 15th. We're still working out the group but we have potential space for a handful of people on that. It'll be maxed out at 9-10 with our current flight configuration. Open to adding the right people to this even without a trade.

I'd be particularly interested in getting on the Yampa or Gates (I've done them both). Also any of the Idaho rivers (especially in August) or a May/June San Juan or Deso (we have a motor available).

About our core group: we're mostly based out of the Salt Lake area and are in our late 30's, pushing 40's (both of these trips coincide with 40th bday celebrations). We're mostly backpackers at heart but have gotten onto quite a few rivers over the last few years such as the Yampa, Gates of Lodore, Middle Fork, Cataract, San Juan, Deso and others. None of us have kids, so we don't really like going on trips with them. We've got our shit pretty well together and have the equipment, skills and resources to do this stuff on our own. We like to cut loose and party it up, but we're also pretty responsible about it. We have a made up band called the Canyon Country Groovers and we like to write river and groover-related parody songs while we're floating down the river. We even got some sweet shirts made with our cover art. Some of our soon-to-be-hits include The Smell of Groover (Sound of Silence), Rocket Box (Rocket Man) and Crapper's Delight (Rapper's Delight). Want to join the band? Email me at [email protected]

bcpnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2019   #2

lafayette or Grand Lake, CO., Colorado
Paddling Since: 1961
Generic post idea is good.

I want to go on a middle fork trip late July or early August trip for 2-4 people (two minimum).

I will trade places on Desolation/Gray August 27th launch and places on Rogue on September 23rd launch for a Middle fork trip invite.
I am and anyone I bring me will be qualified, have all the right skills, have all the necessary gear and then some. We will bring with us an attitude that cannot be beaten. I expect the same from you.
Let's do some trading. PM me
Or e-mail me at [email protected] under the heading "trip trade".
Thanks,
Scott
Old 02-20-2019   #3

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
Nick,

If you need someone to help you lay down a base line after Taco or Chili night I'm happy to offer my services.

You guys sound like a hoot, I might have some room for a few on the Juan in July.

-Cody
Fly By Night is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2019   #4

Salt Lake City, Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly By Night View Post
Nick,

If you need someone to help you lay down a base line after Taco or Chili night I'm happy to offer my services.

You guys sound like a hoot, I might have some room for a few on the Juan in July.

-Cody
Sweet! We need more people who can play! Wish I could do the San Juan in July (I dig the heat) but our Tatshenshini-Alsek trip will be eating up most of the month for me.
bcpnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019   #5
Be Like Water

Rivertime, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
Hi there!

Salt for MFS? Salt permit for a March 24th launch, Fun group of experienced boaters. Message me if you're interested in sharing amazing river trips!
Liquido is offline   Reply With Quote