Trip Planning in the Time of Covid - Page 4 - Mountain Buzz

Old 1 Week Ago   #31

Ft jones, United States
Paddling Since: 1985
FWIW, last night I was listening to an interview with an epidemiologist, he pointed to the recent data that shows the risk of transmission of covid while outdoors was exceptionally low.

BenSlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago   #32

lafayette or Grand Lake, Depends on mood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1961
I just had a thought, my first in weeks. When I travel and stay in motels I always take the bed spreads and blankets off and use my Sleeping bag. Probably even more important now. Same goes for wiping down TV controller, sink top and faucets.
Old 1 Week Ago   #33

thornton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1969
Excilent advise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I just had a thought, my first in weeks. When I travel and stay in motels I always take the bed spreads and blankets off and use my Sleeping bag. Probably even more important now. Same goes for wiping down TV controller, sink top and faucets.
I have stayed in my fair share of motel rooms(>1500) over the years, many were very nice establishments, I know what goes on in those rooms. The first thing I would do when I got into my room, is call house cleaning and make them change the sheets and bring a fresh bed spread that was still wrapped. I know for a fact, they do not always change the linen, definitely not the bed spread, even at the very high dollar hotels. Definitely an easy way to spread a disease, definitely good advice for any boaters staying at motels or on vacation's anywhere in the U.S. or abroad. Over the years I collected so many soaps, shampoos, hair conditioners, shower caps, toothbrushes, and toothpaste, I did not have to purchase them, till my kids started growing up and spending the nights at their friends houses, they would come home and tell me that their friends had big bars of soap and shampoo bottles in their bathrooms.....
raymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago   #34

thornton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1969
You don't want to even look at some of the mattress. I have changed rooms a few times, most are ok though.
raymo is offline   Reply With Quote