Thanks to All - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-08-2017   #1

Nor Cal, California
Thanks to All

I've been a long time fisherman but have never used an inflatable. Just wanted to say thanks, I've learned some info from all the previous posts to help me decide on what I think would work best for me.

I'm a total wuss in my drift boat, and I'm hoping I can gain skills with a better margin of safety in a cat. I know this forum is mostly about running the crazy stuff, maybe one day I'll have enough time on river to try. The prospect of seeing and fishing water that not every guy can get to sounds awesome.

Thanks to all.

SpeyStlhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2017   #2

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Welcome to the Buzz! Glad you were able to find good info here and make sure to stick around. Remember that you can always use the search function in the toolbar above between "new posts" and "quick links." We've all made lots of mistakes around here and are glad to let folks learn from them if they're smart enough!

Thanks for the note,

-AH
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017   #3

Rivertown, West Virginia
Paddling Since: 9:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeyStlhd View Post
I've been a long time fisherman but have never used an inflatable. Just wanted to say thanks, I've learned some info from all the previous posts to help me decide on what I think would work best for me.

I'm a total wuss in my drift boat, and I'm hoping I can gain skills with a better margin of safety in a cat. I know this forum is mostly about running the crazy stuff, maybe one day I'll have enough time on river to try. The prospect of seeing and fishing water that not every guy can get to sounds awesome.

Thanks to all.
This is how it starts, you start looking for water with fish that have never seen an artificial bait, next thing you know you are fishing class IV V.

Welcome, Have a good season! Curtis
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2017   #4

Seattle, Washington
Sounds a lot like how I got started a few years ago. Most of my trips still involve fly fishing but more and more the rafting, running more challenging whitewater, the logistics of a multi day trip, etc, have ignited my passion.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
davbaker is offline   Reply With Quote