Thanks Sheri Griffith Expeditions!
We attempted a 1 day Westwater yesterday and got shut down by the wind shortly after Last Chance. By "shut down" I mean that it became impossible to make forward progress. We were hunkered down on a tiny beach waiting for it to let up for about an hour. There were 8" whitecaps on the flat water!
Luckily for us a two raft Sheri Griffith trip came motoring by. We stuck out our thumbs and, they were super generous and stopped, let us cling on, and motored us out. Huge thanks to Peyton and Jarvis!
If they hadn't stopped we may still be on that beach; the wind never let up. As we were rigged for a day trip, it would have been a pretty uncomfortable night out. Would probably have gotten all Lord of the Flies just due to lack of beer and whiskey.