Thanks, Blackadar! - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-24-2015   #1

Seattle, Washington
Thanks, Blackadar!

Had a host of challenges on a recent MFS shuttle. Blackadar handled it all in stride, and everything was where it should have been, on time.

It would have been easy to blame the complications and fail to run our shuttle, but the pros at Blackadar would not leave us hanging!

After some other shuttle services on Hell's Canyon consistently fail to follow basic instructions, there is no better peace of mind than trust in your shuttle driver.

Thanks Blackadar!

slickhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2015   #2

Post Falls, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2000
Good to know

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app
Paul7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015   #3

Nye, Montana
Paddling Since: 2012
I'm headed to hells canyon Wednesday. What shuttle service do you suggest? I was going to have my brother shuttle because my truck n Raft trailer was stolen on the Rogue a couple months ago, but shuttling would be easier.
Mattchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2015   #4

Can you give us some details on your stolen rig? Feel free to start another thread.
oarboatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015   #5

Seattle, Washington
I've only had bad experiences with Scotty's. I've had good experiences with Whitebird Motel, All Rivers Shuttle, and I think I got a SF Salmon shuttle once from Central Idaho River Shuttles.

Here's a link to some shuttle services for Hells Canyon.

Hells Canyon Shuttles

Hope you get your rig back, sorry to hear.
slickhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015   #6

Window Shade City, Out of Breath
Paddling Since: 2007
Thumbs Up

Blackadar did our MFS shuttle earlier this year and apparently one of our tires blew out. They purchased a new tire and had it installed. I will continue to use them in the future.
windriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015   #7

Boise, Idaho
Consider a "jet back" for the Hells Canyon run. Well worth the money!
Hell's Canyon Adventures
Kilgore Adventures
johnthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015   #8
Shapp

the grove, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1986
MF Salmon off the top at Boundary Creek at 1.52 feet is much too low to boat anyway. Glad you didn't have to break the window! Lots of luck on that trip, we must be living right: found lost Madcatr side box that fell out, Blackadar found the lost shuttle key on the road, we met without any pre-planning at taco time, no flips or pins, gary did indeed not forget his food bag, plenty of booze., no one was too hung over to make roll call every morning. All was good except for these 2 donks we found blocking the sweep boat line (they got hung up and lost their boat and gear at the Chutes and had to float down the rest of the way on inflatable sex toys, surviving on donated scraps and beverages from generous passers-bye).

Primary lessons learned:

1. Be wrong, but get laid.
2. Don't take a shit and wipe half way
3. 1 gallon of beans, even the best BBQ beans you ever had, is way too much for 8 people.
4. Only those wanting a complete shit show launch from Boundary at 1.52 feet.
5. You can actually drive a sweep boat in the dark down from Boundary Creek.
6. 1.5 feet = most strokes ever made in 1 day without a full release

shappattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015   #9
Shapp

the grove, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1986
Forgot Lesson 7:

While it is illegal to be in a hot spring while naked on the MF Salmon, it is not illegal to float down the MF Salmon on a properly outfitted sex toy wearing a marble bag.
shappattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015   #10

Evereywhere, State of Bliss
Quote:
Originally Posted by shappattack View Post
MF Salmon off the top at Boundary Creek at 1.52 feet is much too low to boat anyway. Glad you didn't have to break the window! Lots of luck on that trip, we must be living right: found lost Madcatr side box that fell out, Blackadar found the lost shuttle key on the road, we met without any pre-planning at taco time, no flips or pins, gary did indeed not forget his food bag, plenty of booze., no one was too hung over to make roll call every morning. All was good except for these 2 donks we found blocking the sweep boat line (they got hung up and lost their boat and gear at the Chutes and had to float down the rest of the way on inflatable sex toys, surviving on donated scraps and beverages from generous passers-bye).

Primary lessons learned:

1. Be wrong, but get laid.
2. Don't take a shit and wipe half way
3. 1 gallon of beans, even the best BBQ beans you ever had, is way too much for 8 people.
4. Only those wanting a complete shit show launch from Boundary at 1.52 feet.
5. You can actually drive a sweep boat in the dark down from Boundary Creek.
6. 1.5 feet = most strokes ever made in 1 day without a full release

WOW...I'm screwed
tteton is offline   Reply With Quote