Thank you Dutch John Resort - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-13-2017   #1

Littlefun, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Thank you Dutch John Resort

Quick shout out to Dutch John Resort. Our group of 3 boats and a couple of duckies were putting in at Spillway on the Green below Flaming Gorge dam for a 2 night float when one boat wrestled with a nearly seized oar lock as we were prepping for put in.
Appears muck and yuck oozed into the oar tower and jammed up the works (thank you trough road the prior week). No amount of smacking, hacking and WD40 would losing the rascal. In a last ditch effort we removed the tower from the fame and made a run up to Dutch John. There they hooked me up with the their maintenance guy Scott who managed to loosen up the hardware enough to get us on the river. Offered a large sum of cash that he respectfully refused.
Without Dutch Johns help our weekend would have been at the least hosed for the one night as we would have had made a trip to Vernal for parts.

oh, and Dutch Johns seasonal Czech wait staff is what dream are made of! (sorry Labor day weekend was their last day).

Advertisement

Old 09-14-2017   #2

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
I second that statement.
Old 09-14-2017   #3

Slc, Utah
Used them back in July when we floated A and B. Overall they were great. We had a problem with one of our rented rafts. They gave us one oar that was shorter than the other cause some problems when trying to row the boat. We were able to call then while we were on the A section and they met us at little hole with a correct size oar. They were also on time in picking us up and their czech staff were good. Loved their ice cream as well!
Jiggyjay is offline   Reply With Quote