Storm and Mini-Max Cooler and Frame Thread for the off-season! - Page 3 - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Rafting

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #21

ridgway, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Does anyone trust strapping the canyon from the sides rather than over the top? It makes for easy access on day runs, but doesn't seem rig to flip for big water. The fit in the mini Max is super.

Any other suggestions for strapping/ mounting the cooler on a 2 bay frame with seat appreciated.

dpwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #22

Fruita, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2014
If it is a day run, as you pointed out, then I will just strap the sides, as a courtesy to the river gods. On Westwater (the only "big" whitewater I have taken this boat down), I run the two straps on the sides to the frame, and then a couple of straps over the top, but I also am using it as a platform to strap chairs and cots...then when we get out of the canyon, and into the flat water, I will generally, move the cots and chair to the stern and remove the over the top straps. I would bet, that with two side straps, you could get away with just one on the top, but out of habit, I have never tried.
T.O.Mac is online now   Reply With Quote