Stolen SUP at Rancho Saturday - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-14-2017   #1

breckenridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
Stolen SUP at Rancho Saturday

Hi i wanted to post this for a friend who tried putting in at Rancho Saturday afternoon and got her white, orange and blue Hydro - Force SUP stolen right off the beach as she parked her truck!!!

It had no leg leash and 3 fixed fins also no name on it...

Heard a lot of people got stuff ripped off that day which really blows! I don't think ill be leaving my stuff at the put ins unattended any more.

Thanks jackasses!!

mdt67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2017   #2

lafayette or Grand Lake, CO., Colorado
Paddling Since: 1961
Not that surprising sadly.
Old 08-15-2017   #3

conifer, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdt67 View Post
Hi i wanted to post this for a friend who tried putting in at Rancho Saturday afternoon and got her white, orange and blue Hydro - Force SUP stolen right off the beach as she parked her truck!!!

It had no leg leash and 3 fixed fins also no name on it...

Heard a lot of people got stuff ripped off that day which really blows! I don't think ill be leaving my stuff at the put ins unattended any more.

Thanks jackasses!!

Yep, I lost an oar to some jackass. Blue sawyer with Dynalite blade if by small chance somehow got knocked out of my very tight oar lock.

Hope they drown...
mr. compassionate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2017   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. compassionate View Post
Yep, I lost an oar to some jackass. Blue sawyer with Dynalite blade if by small chance somehow got knocked out of my very tight oar lock.

Hope they drown...
Rather ironic user name.

Typical right wingnut, thinks his possessions are worth more than someone's life.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017   #5
bj

Silverthorne, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
theft

are they not?

this is not nam
grasscloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017   #6

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Quote:
Originally Posted by grasscloud View Post
are they not?

this is not nam
Yeah, fortunately this isn't 'Nam, or Somalia, or some warlord ruled despot but the US where we've got the rule of law and, theoretically, the punishment fits the crime. Like, you know, a thug holds up a mini-mart for $200 and a jar of cashews and gets 15 years in the slammer, while another thug that wears a suit runs a con and screws thousands of people out of their retirement savings and gets 6 months in a minimum security prison (if that...).
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017   #7
bj

Silverthorne, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
Crazy thing is we left our 2 sup boards at the rancho beach that day and they were there after shuttle run, makes you not want to do that again. I feel terrible for anyone who is a victim of thieving, especially on the rio. It's unfortunate these thieves rarely receive any sort of penalty. I say catch em in the act and deter them from stealing in the future, bear mace works well.

In other news I just watched that Bernard Madoff movie with Robert Deniro, guy stole something like $65 billion from friends and family over a bunch of years. Lots of scum out there

Maybe some sting operations during peak times and vigilante justice would deter would be thieves, make examples, or not........ hard saying not knowing
grasscloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017   #8

lafayette or Grand Lake, CO., Colorado
Paddling Since: 1961
I have never understood how a thief would place so little value on his life as to risk it.
I'm not sure how much a person steals is as important of how they did it. Threats of violence or death is worse than a con in my book.