Shuttles on the Green - Mountain Buzz

Old 1 Week Ago   #1

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Shuttles on the Green

Giving some thought to venturing out for an A-B-C trip, but the more I think about it the limiting factor seems to be shuttles. Does anyone know if any of the Dutch John shuttle companies are active? Likewise, how are you all handling shuttles? I'm not thrilled about having someone else drive our car, but don't really have another option. Ask them to wear gloves and wipe everything down with Clorox wipes when we take out? Thank you for the feedback.

Aknoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago   #2

Golden, Colorado
Any virus is going to be long dead getting UV and temp cooked for a couple days in your car, man.

Gloves are pretty pointless.

If you’re still paranoid by it then yeah just air out, Lysol and wipe the [email protected] out of it.
griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #3

SLC, Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by griz View Post
Any virus is going to be long dead getting UV and temp cooked for a couple days in your car, man.

Gloves are pretty pointless.

If you’re still paranoid by it then yeah just air out, Lysol and wipe the [email protected] out of it.

Eloquently stated...

Trout Creek Flies started running their shuttles beginning of May. The place next door to them also does shuttles.
I have also used another place called Western Rivers. They're actually located a couple blocks in town (Dutch John).
Very nice folks and quite reliable. Their office hours are odd due to the shuttle running, but they always answer calls & texts immediately. You can leave payments in their door slot. Few bucks cheaper than the other guys.
I went to them after Trout Creek left me hanging one time. I'd hear a car pull up & run to the parking lot only to see Western Rivers dropping off someone else's car.
blueotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago   #4

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Thanks for the feedback, and the reminder on Western Rivers. We used them two summers ago as well after Trout Creek lost our keys on a previous trip and were very impressed. I'll loop back once I figure out if they're actively running shuttles.
Aknoff is offline   Reply With Quote