Seedskadee Float/Fish - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-02-2017   #1

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Seedskadee Float/Fish

I am going to be in Utah/Wyoming later in April and my dad will also be traveling through. I was thinking about meeting him up near Seedskadee for a day on the river. We are primarily fishermen and I am assuming the flows are going to still be high (5500 now) but thats when we can go together. We would be traveling from Flaming Gorge north to Seedskadee.

Questions are, what can we expect if anything for fishing, a shuttle might be nice but as stated we have two cars so are there shuttles people have used up there, and what town/area do people stop in to get beer/sandwiches.

Based upon using the google machine and estimated flows I was planning on floating from Dodge Bottoms to the Hwy 28 bridge. Thanks and if you'd rather keep it private feel free to PM.

theusualsuspect is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2017   #2

cheyenne, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1980
A person can put in at Seedskadee and float down to FMC park in one day. FMC park is a nice campground and take out place. Flows don't do much on the Green out of Fontenelle resivoir. Floating from dam to Seedskadee or FMC is excellent fishing.
rti50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017   #3

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Thanks for the response and the encouragement. I'm sure we will enjoy our adventure in Wyoming, that usually isn't hard.
theusualsuspect is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2017   #4

Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 91'
You will not regret fishing in Seedskadee. Just don't tell the rest of the world! It is a very special place for many. May even see a massive bull moose who hangs around there.
rubtheduck is offline   Reply With Quote