Ruby/Westwater trip cost - Page 4 - Mountain Buzz

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #31

Denver, Colorado
I do a lot of trips with kids and they like to snack all damned day anyway so asking everyone to bring deli type stuff lets you either eat on the boat or lay a bunch of odds and ends at a break beach.

markhusbands is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #32

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1986
Because of my schedule most of my trips are 2 day Westwater trips. Nobody seems to need lunch probably because I bake muffins and brownies and there are large Tupperware containers hanging around of brownies and muffins that people are dipping into all day until we launch. On trips longer than an overnight I plan and pack a lunch.

And I serve a selection of mustard varieties, so there is always more than one out.
twmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #33

Crested Butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 09
Shitty people suck. Thats totally wack that he also tried to steal your stuff. I'd break his fuckin leg.

I was invited on a grand Canyon trip last November. It was a do it yourself total shit show trip. But the people i was supposed to be grouping up with to cook dropped out 3 weeks before launch and the TL didn't want to "go through the trouble" of replacing them so since we already had the 6 days of meals worked out I told her not to worry and I would take care of those meals and it would all get worked out at the put in when we split up shared costs. I ended up putting down just over a grand for the meals. The TL was to fucked up at the put in to do all the math so said she would figure it all out on the river. First red flag. Then the TL was too fucked up the whole trip to do the math so we would figure it all out at the take out. Damn, second flag. Well it never got felt with and we left all recipts with the TL at the take out and three weeks later I got an e-mail explaining how I wouldn't be getting paid back for about 350 of the recipes I had. I got some lame excuses and the usual BS when i tried to ask what the deal was.

It was disappointing because it was a friend of a friend situation and I didn't think they would fuck me over like that. Being shady on the river over a few hundred bucks is totally lame. I'll never boat with those kids again and hope i never see them on the river because i don't know if I'd be able to stop myself from putting o foot in someones ass.

Its a shame you can't trust people these days.

On the positive side we just invited a local family of 4 to boat with us for 3 days over october break and had a wonderful time. It ended up costing about 42 bucks to feed them for 3 days and it was such a pleasure to have them along I told them not to worry about it since they brought the beer. So there are good people out there.
flite is offline   Reply With Quote