Ruby/Westwater trip cost - Page 3 - Mountain Buzz

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #21

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
Quote:
Originally Posted by almortal View Post
Maybe MB should have a thread of blacklisted boaters. A friend invited three randos (because our family cancelled) on a grand trip last year, one was great and the other two ruined the trip. Maybe we should require references for stranger invites? But that wouldn't solve the shitty friends problem..

I've done quite a few internet trips with "rando's" as you call them, one grand trip this year and we invited a rando out of Ridgeway that did his damnedest to ruin the trip, and ya know what? Short of never wanting to see him again, and damn near decking him at Pearce, we didn't LET him ruin the trip. Like some folks here, he simply couldn't have a discussion without interjecting his politics into the conversation, lord that gets tired fast..

That being said, there seems to always be "One" along on most any trip that creates angst for someone. Suck it up and deal with it, burning calories on things you can't change or otherwise do any reasonable thing about is simply a waste of calories..

Thankfully most of my interaction with Rando's has been simply positive, and I've made a lot of friends due to those interactions...

My 2, YMMV

MNichols is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #22

Denver, Colorado
I can't believe that anyone would bitch about such a tiny cost for a multi-day outdoor adventure of high quality where they basically got cared for like a dependent.
markhusbands is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #23

breckenridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
Yes this guy actually has done two previous one night Westy trips and was actually driven and complained about a 70.00 price tag which included the gas from breck and back. Since i posted it i got some intel from a mutual boater friend that he wont be paying and will be doing his own trips since he just picked up a 20 year old raft and some oars. This idiot flipped in big hummer on his first ascent and we had to rescue he and his raft on the trip in question so i say good luck!

I also after taking his raft back to the put in on my trailer for him reached into his strap bag and the first strap i got out to tie his boat on mine had my name on the little nrs tag and his freshly written on the strap itself. Nothing is worse than a strap thief!!!

So i did not expect this and the money doesnt matter its the total mind blowing ungrateful attitude and lack of any respect. I really liked the text he sent me also asking if i had been smoking crack when his behavior screams nothing but junky and stay the fuck away!
mdt67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago   #24
NikonFotoMatt

Summit County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
A deal!

Dang...$110 bucks? Don't ever invite him back. I'll bet he didn't help rig/derig or do dishes either!

"fotomatt"
NikonFotoMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #25

Denver, Colorado
There seems to be consensus that this guy is a total douchebag.
markhusbands is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #26
Sponsoring Vendors

Paddling Since: 1994
You have to out his name now. Not only does he skip paying but steals your shit too?
zbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #27

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 96
Hey there!

I had the same issue when we planned a 3 night trip. Our costs come out to about the same as yours and we had someone scoff at the price. We just pointed out that if they were to do the same trip commercially, it would cost about $100 a night, not for the whole trip! That is really crummy that he refused to pay!
coriverchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #28

salt lake city, Utah
Some thoughts

I guess if a person is over age 20, and can't come up with a couple hundred bucks for a wonderful multi-day Westwater trip, maybe they are into the wrong sport, or just have a really bad attitude about money.

Your trip cost is more than reasonable. I would expect more, actually, if hiring the shuttle to be taken care of as well. Which we do now since we are old and have money
peernisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #29

salt lake city, Utah
Is this why some people do "bring your own lunch"? Because it gets blown off? I always make a lunch stop, especially if people are drinking. It usually saves the day. I always include lunch in my trip meal plans. I have a buddy who is in the your are on your own for lunch mindset, on his trips I end up paying too much for my own lunch food that ultimately is too much food, then I see like 5 mustards out at lunch time. So inefficient.
peernisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Hours Ago   #30

Durango, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by peernisse View Post
Is this why some people do "bring your own lunch"? Because it gets blown off? I always make a lunch stop, especially if people are drinking. It usually saves the day. I always include lunch in my trip meal plans. I have a buddy who is in the your are on your own for lunch mindset, on his trips I end up paying too much for my own lunch food that ultimately is too much food, then I see like 5 mustards out at lunch time. So inefficient.
I've always done on your own for lunch just becuase appetites can range so greatly. Some people get hungry (hangry) before others, while others would rather make the miles than stop and eat when they're not that hungry. We're all mostly in boats, so why not give people that flexibility? As a side thing, it guarentees that folks will at least enjoy one meal out of the day, and/or it gives them an opportunity to cut costs.
cake is offline   Reply With Quote