Rogue River below Foster Bar - Mountain Buzz

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Rogue River below Foster Bar

Has anyone done the stretch of the Rogue below Foster Bar? I am not finding a ton of information but it looks like there are a few campgrounds with boat ramps above Gold Beach. Quosatana and Lobster Creek.
Are there other boatramps below these two?
Just wondering if it is worth the float. We are coming out all the way from Colorado and would love to tack on some more miles if possible.
Anyone have any intel?

surly-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2

Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by surly-b View Post
Anyone have any intel?
We typically run from Griffin Park to Quosatana. It more than doubles the usual Rogue run. While not much in the way of extra rapids, we feel it's worth it for the scenery and nice camping. 'The Rogue River...' guide book by Matt Leidecker covers the whole thing. Have a good trip!
briandburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3

Oregon City, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1972
I agree with what Brian said. I would only add that if you try to go past Q-Creek, you'll be in very slow water with a lot of headwind. Once you go past Foster Bar, you should plan to find your campsite early in the afternoon, because those upriver winds can make for a lot of rowing. The area between Foster Bar and Agness has a couple of nice little rapids. After you pass Cougar Lane, you'll get into a nice scenic area that lasts all the way to Q-Creek.
The Mogur is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago   #4

Helena, Montana
Paddling Since: 96
Having driven from Montana to do the rogue once I completely agree with trying to get as many river miles as possible.

We've been looking at the Umpqua river to fill out the trip next time we head out there. It's close to the rogue, roadside 3s&4s from what we have gathered. Could get several more days of car supported floating.