RIP Walton Marine - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-26-2013   #1
The Russian

SLC, Utah
Paddling Since: 2005
RIP Walton Marine

I just heard the sad news and I thought I'd pass it on. Mike Walton, of Walton Marine has passed away on August 23rd. Those local to Salt Lake City I am sure have been to Walton Marine and dealt with Mike in the past.

I personally bought a ton of stuff from him and has been educated by his smart ass wit and humor. He was a great guy, said it how it is and was a great boater.

Michael Thomson Walton Obituary: View Michael Walton's Obituary by Deseret News

Quote:

1945 ~ 2013
Michael Walton, beloved husband and father, died at home surrounded by family Friday, August 23rd. His wit and loving care will be greatly missed.
Born February 13, 1945 to George Snarr and Mary Thomson Walton. Died August 23. Granite High School class of 1963. B.A. and M.A. University of Utah. Ph.D. University of Chicago. President, Walton Marine, South Salt Lake, UT. President, Beit Midrash of Salt Lake. Author of several books and articles on the history of science, Jewish history and Mormon history.
Married Patricia Denslow 1968. Divorced. Married Phyllis Johnson Liddell, 1985. Survived by sons Michael Adam Walton (Monica Perez-Walton) and Nathan Walton and daughters Judith (Jon) Danaceau, Sarah (Aaron) Sanders, and Kathryn Keziah Aaliyah; grandchildren Samuel and Zachary Danaceau, Noah, Isabella, and Maya Sanders, and Hana Decker. Preceded in death by daughter Rachel.
Funeral services Sunday, August 25, 2013, 1:00 p.m. at Evans and Early Mortuary, Salt Lake City. Private Internment.
In lieu of flowers, please send donations to the Utah Food Bank, 3150 South 900 West Salt Lake City, UT 84119. - See more at: Michael Thomson Walton Obituary: View Michael Walton's Obituary by Deseret News
RIP Mike

Advertisement

Old 08-26-2013   #2

sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1983
sad News, Mike Was A Great character.
joecoolives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #3

Salt Lake, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
He was quite a characters and a very knowledgable individual. Thanks for sharing.
Altahills is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2013   #4

Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
Sad news and a great loss for the local rafting community. He was indeed a character. I remember the first time I went in that little hole-in-the-wall shop of his. It took me awhile to figure out his dry wit. I thought he was BSing me or just pulling my leg, until I noticed the sly smile. I'll miss him. RIP MIke.
cataraftgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013   #5

Riverton, Utah
Oh my, I was just in there a couple of weeks back... a true loss to the Wasatch boating community.

DanCan
DanCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013   #6

p.c., confused
Paddling Since: 1978
Kazak was right his smart ass wit was right on, I had many great conversations about everything from glue to religion never won any of them and always learned something. R.I.P MIKE
rivh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013   #7
The Russian

SLC, Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivh2o View Post
conversations about everything from glue to religion never won any of them and always learned something. R.I.P MIKE
He taught me more about my own history (Russian) than I ever learned in school. That dude was smart. I always felt little talking to him, but at the end he always ended the conversation with a good advice on life.
Old 08-27-2013   #8

at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazak4x4 View Post
He taught me more about my own history (Russian) than I ever learned in school.
That is really cool. And I'm assuming you spent your formative years here in the US, and likely similar to my experience where we did not learn anything useful about Russia, just that they were evil commies. What a disservice, full of untruths, and sad for our world knowledge.
Old 08-27-2013   #9
The Russian

SLC, Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhowemt View Post
That is really cool. And I'm assuming you spent your formative years here in the US, and likely similar to my experience where we did not learn anything useful about Russia, just that they were evil commies. What a disservice, full of untruths, and sad for our world knowledge.
Just another government propaganda.... they taught us to hate American capitalist pigs Obviously... that one stuck

And yes, I did finish high school here. Or I should say I laughed at science education here compare to what I was taught in the commie environment. Commies are tards when it comes to people control and government, but they sure know their science!
Old 08-27-2013   #10

at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazak4x4 View Post

Just another government propaganda.... they taught us to hate American capitalist pigs Obviously... that one stuck

And yes, I did finish high school here. Or I should say I laughed at science education here compare to what I was taught in the commie environment. Commies are tards when it comes to people control and government, but they sure know their science!
Sounds like some interesting conversations to be had. I still remember when I realized that out gov't was/is largely the evil empire, not the Russians, nor the cubans, etc. Not that other oppressive govt.'s were ok, but that we were far from the global savior we were taught in school.

Sorry for the loss of your friend.