Rest in peace, Charlie Gunn - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-20-2015   #1

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Rest in peace, Charlie Gunn

I learned today that Charlie Gunn of Fruita passed away from cancer last year on December 7. Today would have been his birthday. Quiet spoken and modest, Charlie had a huge heart and was a great companion to go boating with.

Rest in peace, Charlie.

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2015   #2

Grand Junction, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
I both worked with and rafted many river trips with Charlie. He was a great guy, a really good person, and always good to be with on river trips. We did a memorial run down Westwater in June, and placed a plaque in his honor, river right, down near the takeout.
RivRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015   #3

Colo Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Sad news. I boated with Charlie a couple of times many years ago and always wished I had done more trips with him. Great guy to be with.
David L is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2015   #4

Boulder, Colorado
Sad to hear. I had the pleasure of meeting Charlie on a Westwater trip, obviously his back door run.

Good guy, good boater.

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015   #5

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Thanks Dave,

Here's a photo you took of him at Skull during the October "freak peak" when it was like mud from all the rain on the Western Slope. Somehow he'd gotten tossed into the back of his boat in the entrance and barely made it by the hole.

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote