Rec.gov annoyance - Page 5 - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-12-2019   #41

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Yesterday at 8PM MST I saw 1 August 16 cancelation .....
Seriously? Damn.... missed that one.

markfortcollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2019   #42

Bozeman, Montana
Another one against follow up lotteries. People who really want to go get on the river with the current system. Good luck with follow up lotteries. We'll just see more posts like we already have seen this year "I just decided to put in and won a permit, I have no idea about anything..." Trips will go unused.

At some point they need to make them available to the public on first come first served basis. That's what I don't like about the Grand. It happens all the time where they release cancelled permits with only 1-2 weeks out from launch. Not many can pull that trip off.
Redside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019   #43

Boise, Idaho
I checked several times yesterday and oddly, there was nothing posted early like they said there would be. After 3pm, I missed out on 2 cancellations by what I am sure was only seconds. Checked again at 10:30pm, right before bed and there was another posted.
IdahoJennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2019   #44

Colorado, Colorado
Just released the Sept 7th main and picked up an Aug 27th main
AzPackrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019   #45

Colorado, Colorado
August 22nd Yampa available right now
AzPackrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #46

Bailey, Colorado
Does rec.gov site still worked for cancelled permits or is it broken? Lodore and Yampa shows nothing available until November 10th........ really?
Beaver Whisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #47

Oakland, Maryland
Paddling Since: 1975
2 Weeks ago I booked a June Gates of Lodore permit that had been cancelled. Really waste a lot of time hoping for a cancellation date to show up at random 24 hours after being cancelled (24 hours from when who knows - it showed up at 2 pm on a Saturday) but it did work. Have to be random to get random I guess.
gc_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #48

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_steve View Post
2 Weeks ago I booked a June Gates of Lodore permit that had been cancelled. Really waste a lot of time hoping for a cancellation date to show up at random 24 hours after being cancelled (24 hours from when who knows - it showed up at 2 pm on a Saturday) but it did work. Have to be random to get random I guess.
How does one submit feedback on the practicality of Recreation.gov's cancellation system? Something has to change... How in the heck is someone supposed to just sit in front of a computer ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT waiting for a cancelled permit to pop? Just doesn't make sense. Its "fair"... I get that... But they need to work out a more practical system.
markfortcollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #49

Eastside, Washington
Paddling Since: 1995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redside View Post
Another one against follow up lotteries. People who really want to go get on the river with the current system. Good luck with follow up lotteries. We'll just see more posts like we already have seen this year "I just decided to put in and won a permit, I have no idea about anything..." Trips will go unused.

At some point they need to make them available to the public on first come first served basis. That's what I don't like about the Grand. It happens all the time where they release cancelled permits with only 1-2 weeks out from launch. Not many can pull that trip off.

That is true for some people. However, the current system does not allow someone who really wants to get on the river, but does not have the time due to work and other obligations, to spend huge amounts of time on their computer.......................
Koffler is offline   Reply With Quote