Rated M for motors: Spring Cataract Canyon - Mountain Buzz

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1988
Rated M for motors: Spring Cataract Canyon

Soooo here's our trip video from Memorial Weekend.

We had 9 private motor rigs with us (some buzzards). We launched with 4 and met up with the others at Brown Betty camp.
Four 22 foot snout rigs, one 33 foot S rig, one 28 foot S rigs, Achilles SU-16 sport boat, 16 foot DIB sport boat, and a 16 foot Avon sport boat.

Some of our group took out at Northwash/Dirty Devil, and the rest of us motored across lake Powell to Bullfrog marina or Hall's Crossing.

I'm happy to say that the S rig ran great and it was cool to see her in her natural habitat.

https://youtu.be/flSI6CP8kb4

yardsells is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #2

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Nice, John. Thanks for posting that footage!
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #3

BITCHIN!
Spintowin is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #4

Defiance, CO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Someday I hope to have the equipment to join you
noahfecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #5

thornton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1969
Thank you John, for posting that great video. That new 33 ft. S-Rig you built from the bottom up, look's just about as good in the water as it did in the airplane hanger, I enjoyed watching you assemble that rig in your friends hanger.You and your great crew definitely work hard, to bring that project together. Thanks again for sharing the bad boy in action on Cataract. You and crew run a clean trip, too.
raymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #6

Denver, Colorado
Thanks raymo.

We couldn't have done it without your guidance, hot coffee, and tall tales. I really enjoy hearing you and Yeager reminisce and hope we can all get together and do it again.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #7

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
Someday I hope to have the equipment to join you
Doesn't take gear noahfecks. Just availability around memorial day weekend, a cooler full of beers, and a blatant disregard for your own safety !

I'm just sayin.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #8

thornton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1969
That would be great...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardsells View Post
Thanks raymo.

We couldn't have done it without your guidance, hot coffee, and tall tales. I really enjoy hearing you and Yeager reminisce and hope we can all get together and do it again.
I don't know about the guidance part, you guys had everything nailed. But I do understand the hot coffee and fresh donuts thought, my pleasure. In our warehouse we had a pop dispenser, if you hit the Coke button you recived a Budweiser, Pepsi was Coors, 7Up Black Label and RC Cola was Olympia, all for 25 cents. I found it cool your friend Jim and I both flew Boeing' 757's. When you start to build your new J-Rig, it would be my pleasure to be the donut and coffee person again. I love anything rafting.
raymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #9

Defiance, CO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by yardsells View Post
Doesn't take gear noahfecks. Just availability around memorial day weekend, a cooler full of beers, and a blatant disregard for your own safety !

I'm just sayin.

I used to guide for the same outfit as Raymo, different era, so I have seen my fair share of high water Cat. I am even very capable on an S or J rig, just don't have one of my own. Hope to find some tubes or a do-nut in the near future,

I could strap the 15 hp on the back of my 16'er and try to keep up but I dont think it would handle like a sport boat.
noahfecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #10

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
I could strap the 15 hp on the back of my 16'er and try to keep up but I dont think it would handle like a sport boat.
It would be burly though.

Tags
cataract, cataract canyon