rafting in washington - Mountain Buzz
 



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-26-2013   #1
 
mtrafter's Avatar
 
bend, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2002
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 168
rafting in washington

hey im wondering where the best place to throw my boat in the water in Washington at this time of year,i row a 14 foot maravia,i live in Bellingham have only been here since may and I haven't found anyone or anywhere to go all summer

mtrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-26-2013   #2
 
briandburns's Avatar
 
Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1979
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrafter View Post
hey im wondering where the best place to throw my boat in the water in Washington at this time of year,i row a 14 foot maravia,i live in Bellingham have only been here since may and I haven't found anyone or anywhere to go all summer
Join up with Washington Recreational River Runners. Lots of good people in that club, and they boat ALOT.
briandburns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013   #3
 
mtrafter's Avatar
 
bend, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2002
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 168
thanks! ill check them out right now,it blows my mind I been here this long and haven't met anyone into being on the river,i forsee moving back to Montana in the spring
mtrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-27-2013   #4
 
Kelowna, BC
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4
The WRRR (Washington Recreational River Runners) is very active in the Seattle area for anything inflatable. A few guys in Bellingham area with rafts/cats. Not many private rafters in BC.

A group of us running the Thompson River in BC this weekend. Big water class III+-IV (currently running at 21k cfs). If you're interested, PM me and I'll send you info.

Neil
2bGr8Rafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013   #5
 
lhowemt's Avatar
 
at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,606
WRRR has a yahoo group and facebook group (not used much). I think they have a group trip to the Tieton next month. They do a lot of group trips, lots of really nice folks.
__________________
Living in Montana, boating in Idaho
lhowemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013   #6
 
slickhorn's Avatar
 
Seattle, Washington
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 517
Late season, getting to be Tumwater or Tieton season.

the flip flop has happened early this year so the Tieton is going but will probably peter out sooner than usual. Great III run for any craft.

WRRR will be over there in a couple of weeks for a club event.

But bellingham will likely have more winter boating that late summer boating.

Might still be able to bash down the sauk. Suiattle as well. Skagit, if you like scenic flatwater.
slickhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013   #7
 
Jake D's Avatar
 
Spokane, Washington
Paddling Since: 2009
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 70
I did the Sauk from Whitechuck to Bachman on August 18th. Only got out once to push over some rocks. I was in a 14' Maravia Diablo.
Jake D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013   #8
 
Bellingham, Washington
Paddling Since: 2004
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 151
I am from Bellingham. I mostly raft on multiday trips, but since I just picked up a small paddle raft I am going to be doing more day raft trips. Right now I mostly kayak local runs.

Options for the next month will be pretty limited. With a little rain the Nooksack, Sauk, or the Chilliwack might come in enough for a low water raft run. All of them can still be run in a IK or kayak.

Your best option will be to go to the Tieton and Tunwater to the east, or north to BC to the Thompson.

I may have a Thompson trip the weekend of Sept 7th and 8th if you are interested.

Kyle
Wiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013   #9
 
seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 90
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrafter View Post
thanks! ill check them out right now,it blows my mind I been here this long and haven't met anyone into being on the river,i forsee moving back to Montana in the spring
Im noticing a pattern here, you dont put alot of effort into boating. You have been a member of this site for 6 years and have 3 posts. Had you posted this in may you could have been on as many trips as your schedule allowed. The wrrr crew takes on newbs with open arms.
bucketboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013   #10
 
seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 90
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggins View Post
I am from Bellingham. I mostly raft on multiday trips, but since I just picked up a small paddle raft I am going to be doing more day raft trips. Right now I mostly kayak local runs.

Options for the next month will be pretty limited. With a little rain the Nooksack, Sauk, or the Chilliwack might come in enough for a low water raft run. All of them can still be run in a IK or kayak.

Your best option will be to go to the Tieton and Tunwater to the east, or north to BC to the Thompson.

I may have a Thompson trip the weekend of Sept 7th and 8th if you are interested.

Kyle
Your not going to get a 14' raft down tumwater this time of year. Tieton the second week of sept is where the parties at.
bucketboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
rafting

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Topic Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello From Washington Snowolf The Eddy 59 05-06-2012 08:36 AM
washington, who wants some? caspermike Whitewater Kayaking 10 10-25-2010 02:25 PM
Washington State Rafting Action HINDS Whitewater Rafting 2 04-25-2008 11:29 AM
Washington Yonder_River Whitewater Kayaking 0 11-06-2006 11:31 AM
Rafting Western Washington or Northern Oregon vardaddy Whitewater Rafting 5 06-06-2005 12:01 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.