Rafting/floating/fishing in Georgia - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-07-2019   #1

Nederland, Colorado
Paddling Since: 06
Rafting/floating/fishing in Georgia

My family and I are moving to Georgia in August. Can anyone suggest a good float river/ fishing river a few hours of central Ga? We’re looking for class 2-3 max since our family is still pretty young but a float trip for fishing is more out speed. My wife and I have run Browns, upper C and the Flaming Gorge so we’re no strangers to rapids but we have a young son who were not ready to take out on bigger stuff.

Thanks!!

Aflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2019   #2

Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
Where in central GA--Macon?

Friend of mine just moved from MT to the Alabama and that's only 4-5h by car, I'll ask for you. Lots of rivers in the southeast.
MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019   #3

Nederland, Colorado
Paddling Since: 06
Yeah Macon area. Thanks!!
Aflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2019   #4

Check out the Chattahoochee for fishing. Section 3 of the Chattooga (there’s some ledges in there so maybe more class IIIish than you want). I’ve never done section 2 but would imagine it’s beautiful. Further upstream on the Chattooga is better trout water. I’ve been wanting to get down to GA to fish the Etowah for stripers. I’m in NC and it’s been a little bit since I’ve gotten to GA but you have options.
JakeH is offline   Reply With Quote