Rafter needed for 2/20/2020 GC Trip - Mountain Buzz

Old 23 Hours Ago   #1

Bellingham, Washington
Paddling Since: 1998
Rafter needed for 2/20/2020 GC Trip

We have an opening for one raft captain for our 28-day trip launching 2/20/2020. Current group of eight people aged 31 to 69. Five men and three women. Five kayakers and three raft captains. (You'd be the fourth raft captain.) Most of us have one or two GC trips under our belts, but we also have three people who will be making their first trip down the Canyon.

We currently have four 18-foot Sotars rented from Moenkopi and the simplest solution is for you to take over one of those rafts. However, we could drop a rental boat and you could bring your own raft provided we don't lose too much raft support.

We're doing our own food, and have already started packing, so adding a +1 now is not a complete deal-breaker, but it would mean more work for everyone. Finally, we have already assembled our own kitchen (Partner stove, etc.). So all we're really looking for is a rafter who fits our group and adds to the fun. Otherwise, we'll just make it work with three rafts.

PM me if you're interested. I'm happy to answer questions.

(Note: I posted this on the FB Grand Canyon Participants page last week, but posting there is kind of hit or miss and this time it was a miss.)

landslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18 Hours Ago   #2

Telluride, Colorado
I would love to join. No problem rowing a rental or my own rig. This time of year is great in the canyon! 5026454438. Give me a call so I can introduce myself. Coming from Southwest Colorado. Regards!
benrad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Hours Ago   #3

Bellingham, Washington
Paddling Since: 1998
Trip is now full and stoke level has returned to 11.

FTR, FB is fine, but don't underestimate the power of the Buzz!
landslide is offline   Reply With Quote