Raft Rental for Idaho (Portland to Riggins) - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Rafting

Old 01-23-2018   #1

North Hudson, United States
Paddling Since: 2000
Raft Rental for Idaho (Portland to Riggins)

Curious if anyone has a favorite raft rental company en route to Riggins from Portland.

I'll be bringing my own raft but a family member will be renting. Plus Groover rental is a bonus. There are some options in Boise it seems but the only stuff I found in Riggins (or vicinity) was priced almost double.

Boise unfortunately is out of the way, so aside from Alder Creek in Portland, does anyone have any recommendations?

Also does anyone know if Payette River Equipment still rents? They are closer to Boise but their prices were pretty awesome.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

MountainVisions is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2018   #2

Redmond, Oregon
If you’re in Portland try Oregon River Rentals. They are in Happy Valley run out of the owners house. If we need an extra boat or ik for Deschutes trips that’s were we have always rented in the past. Inflatable kayak rentals, Portland OR | Rent Aire Tomcat kayaks, Airhead Montana kayaks, Solstice Rafts :: Oregon River Rentals
Leonmajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018   #3

Idaho Falls, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1970
Riggins

So just thinking outside the box here. It sounds like you will be jetting up to float the Main? We have rented rafts form Blackadar in the past. It was a great service since they (as I recall) dropped the boat at the Putin and picked it up at the takeout. Where they run vehicle shuttles to Riggins, maybe they would provide yoh a rental boat and door to door service.
lyhfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2018   #4

NE, Oregon
Minam Rentals is a possibility, but will add a couple hours to the drive.
Willie 1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018   #5

We'll be doing the Main/Lower Salmon from Carey Creek or Spring Bar to Heller Bar over 7 or so days.

I'll check into blackadar. I feel like I did but either the prices or the location was not ideal. I'll have to look into them again.

Old 01-24-2018   #6
faja

Eugene, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
We rented from Blackadar once, great services but that comes with a higher price. The next time we hauled the boat from Oregon. I know people who have found rental boats through (not by) All Rivers Shuttles but they said the equipment was kind of old and beat up. The best deals on rental equipment I've found are through the U of O and Southern Oregon U. outdoor programs, but both of those places are a bit out of your way.
fajawiebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018   #7
Shapp

the grove, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie 1.5 View Post
Minam Rentals is a possibility, but will add a couple hours to the drive.
Minam Raft Rentals will deliver to the Salmon River. Call them for a quote. Grant and Lottie are great folks and have very nice maravia setups. Scroll to the bottom of this page:

Raft, Kayak, and Equipment Rentals
shappattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018   #8

Portland, Oregon
If you happen to have a family member attending PSU you can get a great price from their outdoor program.
jbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018   #9

Thanks everyone for the information. Between what's here and PMs I think we've got some good ideas.

Worst case someone detours to Boise, but I think we might have a few other options that might work better. Rentals are definitely cheapest in Boise or at ISU, if anyone else is looking for this info down the road.

Old 01-25-2018   #10

Pullman, Washington
Paddling Since: 92
WSU (Pullman) or LCSC (Lewiston) outdoor program?
wshutt is offline   Reply With Quote