Props to River Runners Transport in Vernal - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-14-2016   #1

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Paddling Since: 1990
Props to River Runners Transport in Vernal

I recently participated in a rafting trip on the Yampa. While moving our trailer to the take-out we busted a leaf spring. This was on Sunday, July 3rd. On the morning of the put-in, July 4 I called RRT in Vernal. While we were on the river they measured the broken spring, purchased a new one along with U-bolts and left them in my truck at the take-out.

Installing them was a bear because the bolts were frozen on but we took out on a Saturday afternoon so RRT probably saved us a day, if not more, hunting for parts on a Sunday.

McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2016   #2

OC, CO
Paddling Since: 2008
I will second that, those guys are the best!
OCFry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016   #3

lafayette or Grand Lake, Depends on mood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1961
3rd that
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2016   #4

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
I'll 4th that. They've gotten my car to the takeout when lesser companies would've left it on the roadside...
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016   #5

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
+1, we used River Runners Transport for a deso shuttle and were very happy with the service and how organized they are. Excellent experience all the way around, I would recommend them in a second.
Floatin mucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018   #6

North Bend, Washington
Paddling Since: 1976
Melanie and Ed are great partners for Utah River Trips. We have rented raft/rafts and toilet systems from them 3 times over a period of 8 years and have had them shuttle 5 to 6 vehicles for each trip. They are easy to deal with, friendly, reliable and provide a great product and service. I would definitely use them again.
kkfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018   #7

Avon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
Crazy good service.
someone on our trip 4 years back blew his front control arm straight off his truck going to the putin (sandwash). they said leave in on the side of the road (40 minutes setback was all)

It was repaired and at Swaseys beach 6 days later (came and towed it and repair)
ENDOMADNESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018   #8

Ellensburg, Washington
Paddling Since: 1982
Piling on. We lost an oarsman on our Gates trip due to injury at the put-in, and his vehicle didn't need shuttle. He forgot to call and cancel (I blame the 23 stitches), and we actually arrived at Split Mountain on Monday as their crew was dropping off our remaining vehicles.

Very professionally explained the charge, how to pay by mail, and handled it all seamlessly.

Thank you for a great service, indeed!
GOTY2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018   #9

They are absolutely the best and hire the best!!!!
Saved us much grief more than once!!!!
They know river running and are always prepared for the worst and handle it like a boss!!!!
dport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018   #10

Wondervu, CO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
I have had only the best service from them. A few years ago we had a vehicle with a keyless entry that failed so they couldn't drive it to the takeout.

So instead they showed up at the take out in their vehicle plus a trailer for our raft and gear, drove us back to the put-in. Saved us a lot of grief.

Worth their weight in gold when you have unforeseen problems.
kengore is offline   Reply With Quote