I cook a fantastic Rib Roast at home and I don't see why it couldn't be duplicated in a DO. First of all I must confess I am a low heat then high heat guy. My roast starts like this:
1. Trim the bones from the roast and then retie on with butchers twine. No sense loosing all that flavor but make serving a lot easier!
2. Rub liberally with Olive Oil, the entire roast.
3. Coat generously with Kosher Salt and pepper.
4. Place in pan (or DO) elevated off of the bottom.
5. Slowly roast between 180 and 220 degrees F until the internal temp reaches 125-128.
6. Remove from oven, cover and raise temp to 450 f..... This maybe the difficult part as you would physically have to remove the meat from the DO.... Or maybe it gets a good fire sear.
7. Once at 450 F place meat back in over for 15 minutes.... pull out and let stand.... make your Au Ju .....
8. Meat should land at 130-135 and be very tasty!