poudre rafting at this level? - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-05-2007   #1

Longmont, Colorado
poudre rafting at this level?

Was taking some friends from out of town on a commercial rafting trip tomorrow, is it just a lot of rock dodging at this level? I think last time I paddled up there, other than low water early season, was at like 4.5' which was great. Thanks.

crackeryaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2007   #2

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
The level on Sunday was more like 3 to 3.2. Upper Mish through Bridges is a lot of fun at this level, 4.5 is a lot more splashy, faster, and a bit more dangerous. For the Upper and Lower Rustic sections 3 ft is a bare minimum and for a raft it isn't really all that fun, above 4 is a lot of fun. Hopefully we are going to see a larger peak on the Poudre soon - there is still a lot of snow up high.
raftus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007   #3

Saint Cloud, Florida
Paddling Since: 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by raftus View Post
The level on Sunday was more like 3 to 3.2. Upper Mish through Bridges is a lot of fun at this level, 4.5 is a lot more splashy, faster, and a bit more dangerous. For the Upper and Lower Rustic sections 3 ft is a bare minimum and for a raft it isn't really all that fun, above 4 is a lot of fun. Hopefully we are going to see a larger peak on the Poudre soon - there is still a lot of snow up high.
I am coming in from Florida on Friday and will be rafting with my family on Sat with Wanderlust. I hope it is not a yawner... And we are rafting Clear Creek on Wed with Mile Hi Rafting...

Joe
FlGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2007   #4

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
FL Gator -
I think you are going to have a great time. Wanderlust is a great company. Enjoy Colorado.
raftus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rafting