North Platte - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-21-2018   #1

Eaton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
North Platte

Hey Buzzards I'm trying to get some beta on the NP from Bennett to Saratoga. Is this too far to do in a day of fishing from my ol Avon bucket? thinking the end of May. any thoughts.

Dale Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2018   #2

Watertown, South Dakota
Paddling Since: 2000
Last time I ran the canyon (12 years ago so take with a grain of salt) we floated to Bennett peak. Once past six mile gap an upstream wind picked up bringing in a storm the last 18 miles took us close to 6 hours rowing as hard as we could down stream. The previous 18 had taken us roughly 2 hours (very high water). I guess the long and short of it is if I were to do Bennet down to Saratoga I would expect an after noon storm and plan for a two day trip, or get an early start and plan for a late night. I'm sure there are others on here with more up to date info. That's my 2 cents worth though. Hope is a great trip!
rudy8655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018   #3

Jackson, Wyoming
At flows low enough for the fishing to be any good, that would be a really long day. I'd do Bennett to Treasure Island one day, and Treasure to town the next.
wyosam is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2018   #4

laramie, wy
Paddling Since: 2010
You should be fine as long as the wind isn't too bad. I would recomend putting in on the Encampment rather than Bennett (easier shuttle, better fishing). Start early and plan for a long day if you want to go all the way down to Saratoga. Probably be better to just takeout at Treasure. Don't forget your Wyoming invasive species sticker!
Kirks is offline   Reply With Quote