No helmets on the Poudre - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-04-2015   #1

Bellvue, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
No helmets on the Poudre

If you are going to make the piss poor decision to not wear your helmet, don't be offended when you are called out for that decision in front of your guests.

If you dont want to be called out for making stupid decisions, then don't make stupid decisions!

Yes, Im talking to you, RMA!!!

39571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2015   #2

Bismarck, North Dakota
Paddling Since: 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceghost View Post
If you are going to make the piss poor decision to not wear your helmet, don't be offended when you are called out for that decision in front of your guests.

If you dont want to be called out for making stupid decisions, then don't make stupid decisions!

Yes, Im talking to you, RMA!!!
How is this any of your business? Some consider whitewater boating a stupid decision, flirting with death. I accept the dangers and choose my safety gear as I deem necessary, so should you.
Old 08-05-2015   #3
Beginner

Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Damn Spaceghost, you're the helmet police? You just go down the river hassling river guides while they're working? Lots of people raft Class III without a helmet. I hope that guide runs into you in town soon.
Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2015   #4

Lake City, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
if someone would of yelled at him for not minding his own business when he was younger maybe he wouldnt be like this.
doughboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015   #5

Bellvue, Colorado
HA,

Love it, keep it coming.

Its everyone's business, because when the guide goes unconscious because he was to cool to wear his helmet and then his boat flips and one of his customers drowns, that affects a whole hell of a lot more than just that one guide. It affects the rescuers, the customers, and the river community as a whole.

As a commercial guide you need to bring your tools to work, not just so you can do your job properly, but out of respect for your co-workers.
Old 08-05-2015   #6

Bellvue, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randaddy View Post
Damn Spaceghost, you're the helmet police? You just go down the river hassling river guides while they're working? Lots of people raft Class III without a helmet. I hope that guide runs into you in town soon.
Oh randaddy, your so tuff
Old 08-05-2015   #7

C. Springs, Colorado
Are helmets required on the Poudre?
caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015   #8

Bellvue, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverdan View Post
Are helmets required on the Poudre?
I don't believe helmets are required anywhere. It is however an industry standard to wear one in a paddle raft. Those paddles, in the hands of the WAD, are the most dangerous thing out there.

Also, if it wasnt a big deal why would the RMA guide get so huffy about me asking him where his helmet was in front of his guests?
Old 08-05-2015   #9

boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Damn, now I have to take the other side from the PFD thread. I am generally a no helmet guy, but always a PFD guy. Damn, life is complicated. Sorry spaceghost, I take the personal preference side on this one. I wear it kayaking but rarely rafting, although I can see both sides to this argument, but only because I am so awesome.
Old 08-05-2015   #10

Bellvue, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoenfeld13 View Post
Damn, now I have to take the other side from the PFD thread. I am generally a no helmet guy, but always a PFD guy. Damn, life is complicated. Sorry spaceghost, I take the personal preference side on this one. I wear it kayaking but rarely rafting, although I can see both sides to this argument, but only because I am so awesome.
For private boating, sure, do as you will. But when guiding commercial trips your choices affect more than just your self.

Also, way to be level headed with your response.