New Woodie - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-02-2017   #1

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
New Woodie

Hello, new member here, I have some rowing experience in Driftys, the Yellowstone above Livingston, oar rafts when I was a kid in the box in Toas in the flat water ( my Friends dad was a part owner of an outfitter there) but I would consider myself an amateur. I just finished a Wooden drifty ( I know, I know what was I thinking) I am really wanting to get it out. The normal runs are way to low on the Colorado for me to take it right now ( Río Rancho-State bridge-two Bridges Etc) my question is, would grizzly creek to Two rivers be a good first run for my Woodie at these flows without ping ponging off rocks my first time out with it?
Thanks!

Throwing Loops is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2017   #2

Basalt, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Looped - Sure also from glenwood down is ok & from silt to rifle ; just watch the gravel bars carefully and look for the cleanest channel through . I have a uhmw-pe bottom on my boat so it can take the bumps. the water is slow so crashing is in slo-motion.
rogwilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017   #3

Denver, Colorado
Thanks Rog for the Beta, my bottomhas fiberglass cloth impregnated with epoxy and graphite, It's pretty slippery it seems. Are the ramps below glen wood open yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2017   #4
Plunk your magic twanger!

New Castle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Two Rivers, New Castle, Silt are all good. South Canyon is the one to check since the BLM has a gate there. I know it has been closed until April in previous years. Not much sun in that section in the Winter. Very sunny below.
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017   #5

Denver, Colorado
Thanks Gremlin, I didn't even think about that, since my 13y old daughter will be with me I better keep her in the sun, so silt to rifle maybe what we do.
Old 03-03-2017   #6

Carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1970
South Canyon is open. Couple of weeks ago the snow on the ramp was pretty deep but should be clear now. HMU if you get this way. I have a Mckenzie also and would be glad to join for a back up
jgrebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017   #7

Denver, Colorado
Thanks J, trying to make it up today, getting some chores done here in Denver first, I will let you know if I actually and able to make it and thank you for the offer!!