Need a host for day trip - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-01-2018   #1

Need a host for day trip

Looking for a private guide interested in taking 3 of us out in Vermont for a day rafting trip. All of us have been boating in class III/IV rapids. Preferably on 5/12 (Saturday). We were hoping to do the west river but no companies are running that particular weekend. All 3 of us are mature, medical professionals in the local area. Would be willing to pay 75 per person. Thank you.

MPartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2018   #2
Sponsoring Vendors

Paddling Since: 1994
1) What you are asking is illegal and a felony for anyone who provides outfitting services without a license. Better to ask for someone willing to take some fun people down the river for a shared cost trip. Its not illegal to give them beers pay for gas, broken equipment, etc.

2) Most people on this site are out west, good luck.
Old 05-01-2018   #3

Boatertalk.com is more east coast focused, if you choose to go with option 1.
jaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2018   #4

Arnold, California
Need a host for day trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbaird View Post
1) What you are asking is illegal and a felony for anyone who provides outfitting services without a license. Better to ask for someone willing to take some fun people down the river for a shared cost trip. Its not illegal to give them beers pay for gas, broken equipment, etc.

In the days before I had gear I had pretty good luck showing up at the put in with a PFD in 1 hand and a case of beer in the other. Now that I have gear I have a fondness for those that do the same.
Alternatively, I think the best thing ever was a guy on the side of the road with a sign that said "Will run shuttle for rafting". That was too good to pass without stopping.

Cheers,
Dave