Middle Fork of Salmon - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Rafting

Old 6 Days Ago   #1

Hermiston, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1999
Middle Fork of Salmon

Well no luck pulling a permit this year. If anyone is in need of someone with experience to help them run the river let me know! Or if someone just has room, I can carry lots of gear! I have a 16’ RMR with high pressure floor. I always pack horse shoes and Bocce ball too! Good luck to everyone this year and be safe! Thanks!

Dpearce16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 6 Days Ago   #2

Portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1995
me too

I also had an unsuccessful MF application and would like to throw my hat in the ring.

I have great equipment and even better I come with three children whom my wife and I will be entirely preoccupied with for the trip. They will incessantly complain the whole time, drop food and spill sugary drinks all over camp while we scream at each other and threaten to "turn this raft around right now."

We typically take a super long time at breaking down camp, but can guarantee being on the water no later than 3 p.m. every day. We could probably bump that time up to 2 p.m. if we double the usual swearing and screaming at each other about the order of rigging. I can further guarantee one child will crash into the kitchen table at least once per day, spilling and scattering unattended beers and liquor drinks.

Each child is exceptionally picky in their eating habits, so they will require a separately cooked meal which they can order from you after dinner for everyone else is already prepared.

Each child requires no less than one hour on the groover every morning.

Finally, I've never been down the MF before, so I'll need to follow someone. I would recommend bringing a bomber pin kit for me.

DM's welcome.
deadahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #3

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadahead View Post
I also had an unsuccessful MF application and would like to throw my hat in the ring.

I have great equipment and even better I come with three children whom my wife and I will be entirely preoccupied with for the trip. They will incessantly complain the whole time, drop food and spill sugary drinks all over camp while we scream at each other and threaten to "turn this raft around right now."

We typically take a super long time at breaking down camp, but can guarantee being on the water no later than 3 p.m. every day. We could probably bump that time up to 2 p.m. if we double the usual swearing and screaming at each other about the order of rigging. I can further guarantee one child will crash into the kitchen table at least once per day, spilling and scattering unattended beers and liquor drinks.

Each child is exceptionally picky in their eating habits, so they will require a separately cooked meal which they can order from you after dinner for everyone else is already prepared.

Each child requires no less than one hour on the groover every morning.

Finally, I've never been down the MF before, so I'll need to follow someone. I would recommend bringing a bomber pin kit for me.

DM's welcome.
You'll fit right in. I'll be in touch.
markhusbands is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 6 Days Ago   #4
Definite maybe

Weld county, Colorado
Paddling Since: 0001
Deadahead. I hope your local. Cause we should go boating. Lets leave our kids behind. Who knows we might get laid.
Old 6 Days Ago   #5

GJ, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
Quote:
I come with three children whom my wife and I will be entirely preoccupied with for the trip...

post of the year thus far.
Old 6 Days Ago   #6

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Quote:

I have great equipment and even better I come with three children whom my wife and I will be entirely preoccupied with for the trip.
DM's welcome.

Same thing this guy said except I don't have any equipment or reliable transportation.
theusualsuspect is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #7

Arnold, California
Quote:

Sounds like every trip Iíve been on.
Old 5 Days Ago   #8

thornton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1969
No kidding.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherpaDave View Post
Sounds like every trip I’ve been on.
You must of been a commercial river guide also. That's why we drank, it wasn't for the pay I know that, first-aid and water rescue...really, thank goodness for JD.
raymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #9

Lake Oswego, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1983
Excellent Deadahead. I too am looking for an invite. I have done the river 15 times at all levels. I know the campsites and usually I am the lead boat. I also have plenty of gear and help a lot around camp. One woman said I was the funniest guy she had ever boated with. I think that is why I get invited an at least one trip every year. 503-387-3711. Mark
OregonianRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #10

Arnold, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymo View Post
You must of been a commercial river guide also. That's why we drank, it wasn't for the pay I know that, first-aid and water rescue...really, thank goodness for JD.

Haha ya, you gotta point. Donít forget the exquisite accommodations.