Maravia SCAM Website - Mountain Buzz

Old 1 Week Ago   #1
Top Quality River Gear

Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1960
Maravia SCAM Website

Hi MB Crew,

In case you missed it on social media we want to make everyone aware of a scam website out there selling Maravia's. You know the saying "If it's too good to be true..." well this falls in that category. Don't let you or your friends lose all their hard earned raft money to these (explicative words inserted here).

We hope you are all out there enjoying the last of our warm summer days! Watch for the Fall Sale Catalog it's coming to your mailboxes soon.

Keep it Right Side Up, Renee

SCAM SITE: https://www.discountbandit.com/searc...ywords=Maravia

Old 5 Days Ago   #2
Sponsoring Vendors

Paddling Since: 1994
That is a hell of a scam online store. Whats the deal, they take money and never ship?
Old 5 Days Ago   #3

East Wenatchee, Washington
Paddling Since: 1976
Buyer Beware
It could be something like a "triangulation scam" that I experienced on E-Bay. Someone lists something new at a really good deal and then the scammer uses their E-Bay account to purchase from a vendor like Maravia, NRS etc. with stolen credit card information. You then would receive the item and the paperwork packed seems a bit strange. They take the money, then the us-suspecting buyer has their name and address on the "stolen" merchandise.

It takes a while for the card owner to report the suspicious activity on their account, the vendor to get wise and in the meantime the asshole takes off with the money. This happened most recently with a purchase of a PACO pad and I received an E-mal from NRS that "my" item was processed to be shipped. I called them right away to report it to them and stop shippment since I knew they did not sell at that price. The next day with the crook saw their order was cancelled, they then tried to have NRS send me another one.
Advertisement

Old 5 Days Ago   #4

East Wenatchee, Washington
Paddling Since: 1976
To clarify, the sites (on-line store fronts,etc.) or actual stores where they are selling probably are legitimate. Scammers use these sites as their pathways for their crimes. The costs add up for the real vendors to get their merchandise back and for the buyers to keep their good name.
Old 2 Days Ago   #5
Top Quality River Gear

Boise, Idaho
Hi Zach,

No one has been taken yet so we are hopeful that people will know it's too good to be true. The story they had when one of our customers called was very convincing though. Lot's of choice words for these folks! Kindly, Renee

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbaird View Post
That is a hell of a scam online store. Whats the deal, they take money and never ship?
Old 2 Days Ago   #6

Boulder, Colorado
I seriously doubt this is a scam. Discountbandit.com has been around for awhile and has 1000ís of reviews, mostly positive. As with any company that does middle man volume sales, it is going to be hard to get everything right all the time. Itís like a young steepandcheap or backcountry...
CU_Mateo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago   #7

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Honestly the furniture is over priced, looked up something I needed and it was 6.00 cheaper on Amazon or about 15%. River supply companies sell at a premium price considering the low volume and short season.( and you get expert advice) Rarely does a discount site take on such low volume stuff, or bulky like a raft. But if they do, of course the prices will be lower. And as time goes on, it seems like more and more is being sold this way. River specific supply companies have to keep up through service, support and advice. I buy everything just about at 4 Corners River Sports because they are in my region, and while its not always the cheapest, I get great advice which is worth something.
DidNotWinLottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago   #8

thornton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1969
Totally agree!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DidNotWinLottery View Post
Honestly the furniture is over priced, looked up something I needed and it was 6.00 cheaper on Amazon or about 15%. River supply companies sell at a premium price considering the low volume and short season.( and you get expert advice) Rarely does a discount site take on such low volume stuff, or bulky like a raft. But if they do, of course the prices will be lower. And as time goes on, it seems like more and more is being sold this way. River specific supply companies have to keep up through service, support and advice. I buy everything just about at 4 Corners River Sports because they are in my region, and while its not always the cheapest, I get great advice which is worth something.
I totally agree with you.
raymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago   #9
Top Quality River Gear

Boise, Idaho
I promise you that they are not an authorized dealer of Maravia NOR do they have any in stock, they claimed that one of our dealers had a boat that they wanted to sell at a deep discount and pay for the shipping, a boat that I know for a FACT none of our dealers have in stock. I wouldn't have posted it if I wasn't sure that this was not legit! And to sell them at that price the dealer would be paying to sell the boat, doesn't make a lot of sense. I am the GM for Maravia, I am in the know! Kindly, Renee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU_Mateo View Post
I seriously doubt this is a scam. Discountbandit.com has been around for awhile and has 1000ís of reviews, mostly positive. As with any company that does middle man volume sales, it is going to be hard to get everything right all the time. Itís like a young steepandcheap or backcountry...
Old 1 Day Ago   #10

flagstaff, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1995
cascade?

Pardon My ignorance Renee, but is Cascade River Supply and Maravia Inc one in the same??
Thank you
Steve
shoptech1 is offline   Reply With Quote