Main Salmon: Logistical Question - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-01-2013   #1

cedar city, Utah
Main Salmon: Logistical Question

Do the folks at Five Mile Bar still carry supplies on low water years like this? I know they aren't running the normal jet boats up further but I was wondering if they are able to still manage their shop @ 52.5? Specifically wondering about resupplying ice and likely have a few peeps interested in ice cream.

Thanks in advance. Launch in less than a week, stoked to return to this great run.

Phillip

restrac2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2013   #2

park city, Utah
Paddling Since: 2008
Stopped by 5 mile bar about a month ago and they were fully stocked with supplies. Jet boats were still running at that time, but I would imagine that they will still have supplies. For ice they have frozen gallon jugs.
skizer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013   #3

Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1966
Open as of yesterday -- definitely ice cream, candy, t-shirts!; I can't say for certain about ice, wasn't looking for any..
johnovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2013   #4

Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
I've never seen them closed, even during the fires in 2007. They still run folks up & down the lower river in jet boats, just can't do jet backs to Corn Creek. Should be ice, ice cream, and T-shirts for you. Have fun!
cataraftgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013   #5

cedar city, Utah
Thanks for all the prompt responses.

Their ice is how we make it for trips as well....lasts a lot longer than most commercially bought blocks that are now most commonly compressed cubes.

Not sure about buying any t-shirts but definitely gonna hit them up for the ice cream....and if they still make them, try a beer float.

Phillip
Old 08-01-2013   #6

Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
Seems like someone in our group had a beer float a few years back. Have a great trip.
cataraftgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013   #7

Bend, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1988
They had ice in 1 gal jugs last week. They only allowed us 6 jugs for our 16 person (4 rafts) group, I think they were running low, must be a daily supply/demand thing. Ice cream and beer were in stock.
Pato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013   #8

cedar city, Utah
Looking forward to seeing the river again.

Haven't been this fatigued prepping a trip in a while but this is only the 2nd time I have managed all of a river trip. Running it as a single boat trip, plus an IK, for my wife and some of her family. None of them are rafters and live cross county. Normally we just split the number of meals between groups but that wasn't an option this time. And holy crap it gets exponentially harder this way. But then again we prep most of the food ahead of time with vacuum sealers and even go as far as making frozen breakfast burritos and homemade condiments.

Looking forward to that moment when we have just pushed off shore and the trip has officially started....always feel so light at that moment.

Phillip
Old 08-02-2013   #9

Fraser, Colorado
Paddling Since: 80's
I can relate Phillip! I'm putting together a trip for family and friends (15) 2 SB's, 3 Cats, a paddle boat and 3 I.K.'s. You spend many night's, at 2:00 am, thinking about whether you should throw in extra TP, or if you figured enough for lunches, etc,etc. We put in on the 18th. Good luck on your trip....Enjoy!
HalJ is offline   Reply With Quote