Lottery Article - Mountain Buzz

Old 01-07-2019   #1

Sturgis, South Dakota
Paddling Since: 2003
Lottery Article

I write about rafting from time to time--more frequently when I can't raft. Below is a link to my NRS article on the lottery with at least one Mt. Buzz reference. There will be another article coming in February on Permit Hitch-hiking. While I can't go back and fix it now, I'm sure that it can be "commented" to perfection or doom--whichever...or ignored.

Stay warm,

Eric

https://community.nrs.com/duct-tape/...ermit-lottery/

johnseri is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2019   #2

North Hudson, United States
Paddling Since: 2000
Nice write up.

Sent from my VS995 using Mountain Buzz mobile app
MountainVisions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019   #3
Be Like Water

Rivertime, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
Good work Eric!
Liquido is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2019   #4

Treasure Valley, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
Great Read

I really like the article- and I will buy a lottery ticket because I need a new raft shed! And put in for a permit or two-

Fingers Crossed!
NativeDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019   #5

Seattle, Washington
Speaking of the lottery I see recreation.gov is not taking lottery applications. I assume this is due to the government shutdown? Any guess what happens if 1/31 rolls around and the site is still down?
davbaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019   #6

Bend, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1975
I put in for the Rogue today and it worked fine
Aerocam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019   #7

Seattle, Washington
Good to know. Maybe it was just site maintenance
davbaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019   #8

Castle Rock, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
Nice article and nice photos - not that I need yet another reason to get jonesing for the river this summer.

Curious who has the longest streak for never winning a lottery permit (but actively applying)? My wife and I have only been applying for 6 years, but have never won a permit in the lottery (and this is typically applying for at least 3 rivers every year). Gotten several cancellation, but never won the actual lottery. I'm sure some others out there can easily eclipse 6 years.
denali1322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019   #9

Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by davbaker View Post
Speaking of the lottery I see recreation.gov is not taking lottery applications. I assume this is due to the government shutdown? Any guess what happens if 1/31 rolls around and the site is still down?
I successfully put in apps for the Main, Middle, and Yampa yesterday. Fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denali1322 View Post
Nice article and nice photos - not that I need yet another reason to get jonesing for the river this summer.

Curious who has the longest streak for never winning a lottery permit (but actively applying)? My wife and I have only been applying for 6 years, but have never won a permit in the lottery (and this is typically applying for at least 3 rivers every year). Gotten several cancellation, but never won the actual lottery. I'm sure some others out there can easily eclipse 6 years.
@MNichols said 17 years unsuccessful on the 4Rivers.

Eric, another great article. I appreciate your writing style.
MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019   #10

Westminster, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Excellent, thank you!