Looking for boaters input on a new Whitewater publication - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Rafting

Old 11-19-2013   #1
swimming

Long Beach, California
Paddling Since: 1995
Looking for boaters input on a new Whitewater publication

Greetings all,
My name is Evan, I am a field journalist hired on with a new startup Whitewater magazine aimed more towards Rafters and Catboaters. I am hoping to enlist the help of a few to finalize a poll for one of our new articles and your input is valued as boaters!

A couple of guidelines right from the start. I can't tell you the name of the new publication yet,(please don't ask). Please keep all answers in reference to known facts. I will be minimally interacting with this as I am totally un-biased from a writers standpoint. Oh and I have read through this forum a couple of times, please no bickering or fighting, unless it is absolutely necessary .

The topic is on FRAME MANUFACTURERS in the Industry, we already have all the info on the rubber portion for another article so that does not need to be included.

We have already done extensive real world polling and have come up with a short list of manufacturers, I would like to get the opinions from this demographic to coincide with the current data before publication.

What I am looking for:

Advanced Whitewater frame manufacturers of today. ( These are valid businesses we are shooting for, I know everyone knows that one great guy who makes stuff. We are trying to stay out of peoples garages for this one.)

Below are the questions (enter a name of the builder you think fits this category best)

1. The Most advanced frame builder of todays era
2. Most radical new designs
3. Most diverse offerings
4. Most advanced material and construction methods

EXAMP.

1. georges frames
2. bobs frames
3. xxxxxx

Please be as un-biased as possible ( I know everyone likes to nominate the brand they own but really think about the questions.)

As you can see and have probably come to the conclusion we are doing an exclusive on just a select few and would appreciate any of your input to go along wit the current data collected mainly on the West Coast from California to Washington

I will collect this data for about a week and then it will be processed. THANKS TO ALL and this forum for the input and we are aiming for an early 2014 issue.

EVANW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2013   #2

Rainy Northwest, Washington
Paddling Since: 1980
Lol
swiftwater15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #3

Jenks, Oklahoma
Troll or not, the answer is easy

MADCATR Creations - Custom Fabricated Stainless Steel and Aluminum Rafting Equipment

the answer to all the questions
okieboater is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2013   #4

Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
Let me get a bowl of popcorn ready while I watch this one go down. Should be entertaining.
cataraftgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #5

Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
Since you're only looking at frames that aren't built in peoples' garages, then that only leaves NRS. By that criteria alone, NRS is clearly da best.

Quote:
1. The Most advanced frame builder of todays era
2. Most radical new designs
3. Most diverse offerings
4. Most advanced material and construction methods
Oh, with those criteria?

Ever heard of the empty set?
MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #6
Dipshit with the most.

Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
Do you boat? Raft? Kayak? All of the above?
carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #7

Niwot, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT4Runner View Post
Since you're only looking at frames that aren't built in peoples' garages, then that only leaves NRS. By that criteria alone, NRS is clearly da best.

Oh, with those criteria?

Ever heard of the empty set?
Not sure if DRE would constitute "people's garages" - still if you are looking for the most advanced....most radical...most diverse...then you are going to have to visit some garages.
readNrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #8

Bellingham, Washington
Paddling Since: 2004
I am guessing Orto11 will have an opinion on this one. I wonder what it will be?!

I am not sure you are going to get many responses based in number 4. As far as I know the only choices out there are steel and aluminum, and welded and rail.

I am also going to have to say NRS. You can set them up anyway you want, and if they don't offer it they will build it for you.

Kyle
Wiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #9

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1986
Riverboatworks in Salida fabricates in a garage (in a literal sense), but it is a legit business. He builds custom frames for any boat or use out of aluminum.
DoStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #10

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Excluding my garage - Madcatr.

I'll also give props to Rowframe.com - their pricing is simply amazing - but they don't push the technological edge.
raftus is offline   Reply With Quote