Lava Falls Video from September 30 Launch. - Mountain Buzz

Old 11-11-2013   #1

Costa Mesa, California
Paddling Since: 1985
Lava Falls Video from September 30 Launch.

Im the blue 15.6 Sotar Boat. The Big Kahuna wave pretty much surged right into my boat. Was so big.

studytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2013   #2

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1974
Fun to watch. Thanks!
duct tape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #3

Nice vid. We were two days ahead of you. Mine is on YouTube too. Search Grand Canyon major rapids Tahoe whitewater. That hole was equally meaty for us too! Those red boats are huge on your trip!!!
tahoepa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2013   #4

How many trips u guys see? Below Havasu I think we saw one. U must have gotten on a day or two before shutdown. I love that place!! Going again in June in the hardshell.
Old 11-12-2013   #5

Up shites creek, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Great footage.

Did the music come from a chase scene on C.H.I.P.s? I seriously thought officer Poncherello was going show his face in there somewhere!
yesimapirate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #6

Costa Mesa, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoepa View Post
How many trips u guys see? Below Havasu I think we saw one. U must have gotten on a day or two before shutdown. I love that place!! Going again in June in the hardshell.
We got on the last day before shutdown, Spetember 30th. The trips on October 1st were given there ranger talk on thier rig day and told to be gone by 8am on October 1st.

We actually saw a lot of trips because the were all backed up at Phantom Ranch waiting to see if the government would open so they could have their exchange passengers hike down. It was quite the clusterfuck.

We saw you guys on the river several times.
Old 11-13-2013   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by studytime View Post
We got on the last day before shutdown, Spetember 30th. The trips on October 1st were given there ranger talk on thier rig day and told to be gone by 8am on October 1st. We actually saw a lot of trips because the were all backed up at Phantom Ranch waiting to see if the government would open so they could have their exchange passengers hike down. It was quite the clusterfuck. We saw you guys on the river several times.

Did we see u guys at Matkat? Was that the day it rained? I can't remember. Anyhow, small world I guess. Nice runs at Lava. We had a 13ft flip in the bottom wave-hole. 21 day trip for us......u?
Old 11-13-2013   #8

Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
Cool video, but I gotta say that the first red raft was pretty darn to close to the cataraft. Almost ran him over. My friends were on late August-early Sept. and they have rain 18 out of 20 days, and the water in their videos looked like chocolate milk. Glad they got their trip done before the government chaos started.
cataraftgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #9

Costa Mesa, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoepa View Post
Did we see u guys at Matkat? Was that the day it rained? I can't remember. Anyhow, small world I guess. Nice runs at Lava. We had a 13ft flip in the bottom wave-hole. 21 day trip for us......u?
We saw you above matkat I think. We dropped a couple girls off to hike up whatever canyon has thunder river in it. I cant remember the name of the canyon where you drop them and them pick them up downriver at a popular narrows canyon. You talked to them for a minute. Then we saw your boats parked at Havasu creek. You were way up in there. Talked to a couple of your group the knew Todd Brownell from Tahoe.

Do you guys/glas do much Tuolumne boating? Thats my favorite river.
Old 11-13-2013   #10

Costa Mesa, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by cataraftgirl View Post
Cool video, but I gotta say that the first red raft was pretty darn to close to the cataraft. Almost ran him over. My friends were on late August-early Sept. and they have rain 18 out of 20 days, and the water in their videos looked like chocolate milk. Glad they got their trip done before the government chaos started.
Yeah. The cat guy was rowing my cat. The grand canyon was his first time on the oars. And the red boat guide was also one of the few times he has oared. Both younger. Besides that we ran a pretty tight ship the whole trip.