Mountain Buzz banner

If you had to repair this, what would you do!?

8K views 48 replies 22 participants last post by  peernisse 
#1 ·
Ok so a bought a used boat for a great price and this is the only flaw it has. I have never repaired an inflatable so any advice would be great! It seems like it has been patched before. I do not know how it ripped. Thanks for the help in advance ! Pic will be below.

See less See more
#46 ·
Don’t think anyone’s mentioned that only shipping the floor is considerable less expensive. I am about ready to ship my floor in for repair and I was surprised how light and small the package is going to be. Since I believed he said he was a first time raft owner he might not realize this point?

#47 ·
I'm not even a rafter, but I gotta' say, having dealt with many other sorts of repairs, if it was my boat I'd send it to Zach. This seems like a case where the learning could be both tedious and expensive, and I'd want a pro who's developed the 'touch and feel' that will be required. I really liked the idea to ship it out, then follow it up with a Colorado vacation on the Ark!

#49 ·
In short, ship the boat to the manufacturer and have them fix it. If you had to patch that yourself, which you do not, it would be a meticulous inside and outside patch job that I would only attempt if I had to because I was on a trip. This would add a day to your trip. That said, they will fix it right up and it will be a great boat. Provided you do not slide it off the same trailer that I suspect slashed that thing twice in the same location.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.