How do you store your Groover? - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Rafting

Unread 1 Week Ago   #1

Fort Collins, Colorado
How do you store your Groover?

Just took the groover out for it's maiden voyage. How do you all store the tank at home? Do you leave a little bleach(or other chemical) inside or do you dry it out completely?

Thanks in advance

Kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 1 Week Ago   #2

Missoula, Montana
Paddling Since: 1992
I fill it with bleach water for a day, then let it sit in the sun for a day to dry. Nice and clean and no smell.
seantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Week Ago   #3

lafayette or Grand Lake, CO., Colorado
Paddling Since: 1961
After doing what seantana said leave the lid off when stored. If you still can detect a unpleasant fragrance put some saw dust or wadded up newspaper in the tank (both absorb odors).
Advertisement

Unread 1 Week Ago   #4

salmon, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2004
I store mine with just a touch of pinesol in it..

Sent from my SM-G920V using Mountain Buzz mobile app
codycleve is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Week Ago   #5

Salt Lake City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by seantana View Post
I fill it with bleach water for a day, then let it sit in the sun for a day to dry. Nice and clean and no smell.

This, works like a charm.
Riverwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Week Ago   #6

Pullman, Washington
Paddling Since: 92
Bleach, dry & a sprinkle of baking soda.
wshutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Week Ago   #7
in dry dock

Glenwoody, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
I keep mine full from the trip and leave it out in the hot sun. Throw a grapefruit or and orange in there and seal it up. Then just dump it right before your next use.
noahfecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Week Ago   #8

lafayette or Grand Lake, CO., Colorado
Paddling Since: 1961
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
I keep mine full from the trip and leave it out in the hot sun. Throw a grapefruit or and orange in there and seal it up. Then just dump it right before your next use.

Hey Noah, you probably do not have to share your boat with any other life forms.
Unread 1 Week Ago   #9

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
When it's not on the river mine does double duty as an end table next to the Hepplewhite love seat. It's about the perfect height and you can move it to the middle of the living room as a second coffee table when the book club meets. Usually I've got the Wedgewood compote and the cut-glass pickle dish on it.

'Knew a guy once that came back from the Grand with a trip's worth of shit in a bunch of ammo cans. He was an PNW boater who'd moved to Colorado and was accustomed to scat machines at all the take-outs. Of course, the scat machine at Pearce had been broken and he'd just driven back with them all with no place to empty them between Flag and Denver. About 6 months later I stopped by, and there they were, full and fermenting in his driveway.

Then there's the classic story about someone that had a full groover box stolen out of the back of their truck - talk about karma (and other things) ripening when the thieves opened that baby up...

-AH
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Week Ago   #10

Cle Elum, Washington
Paddling Since: 1972
I keep mine in my wife's dry bag. That way the smell doesn't stink up the house. I think it is hilarious.
Fishnfowler is offline   Reply With Quote