How do you store your Groover? - Page 3 - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-15-2019   #21
Never enough free time

Red Lodge, Montana
Paddling Since: 1998
Bleach water, air dry in the sun, a dash of clorox 2 (known affectionately as groover sprinkles) close it up, refill the TP, sanitizer, rubber gloves, and store it ready to roll for the next trip.

MontanaLaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2019   #22

Summit County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 92
Rinse with bleach, air dry for a day, close up with a few splashes of the rv stuff
Quiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019   #23

Missoula, Montana
Paddling Since: 1996
I believe the best way to deal with the situation is to buy your friend one for their birthday and never mention anything again. Mine stinks no matter what I do and if I never opened it again I wouldn't be mad. That said:

1. Pinesol will ruin lemons for you and your crew. It slightly overpowers the situation but doesnt really remove it. It more makes your poo smell like shitty lemons.

2. RV stuff smells like, well poo and RV stuff. Its not much better or worse but smells less like a furniture polish than the pinesol.

3. Ive only emptied mine in my septic tank cleanout in the past. It sucks and you really want a lot of bleach and gloves. Call me a wimp but this truly isnt anything but cleaning out a tank of poo from yourself and friends. Know that they all owe you a big favor someday.

4. Kiss the rocket box goodbye. Its a poo box now and you cant have it back...

5. Please keep cleaning up after yourself." We all thank you" - everyone
Jamesdking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2019   #24

Eugene, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1979
Depends

I think it depends on what type you have. A rocket box is best cleaned, sanitized and dried out. They can rust out and the seal fail if not dried properly. Best to dry the lid so that the water can run out of the groves. I have a Johnny Partner and I just clean it at the scat machine and close it up with whatever liquid is left in it and take it home. No extra care necessary unless Klingons were found after the scat machine run....
AllegraBurdick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019   #25

Missoula, Montana
Paddling Since: 1996
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllegraBurdick View Post
I think it depends on what type you have. A rocket box is best cleaned, sanitized and dried out. They can rust out and the seal fail if not dried properly. Best to dry the lid so that the water can run out of the groves. I have a Johnny Partner and I just clean it at the scat machine and close it up with whatever liquid is left in it and take it home. No extra care necessary unless Klingons were found after the scat machine run....
Agreed, however if you wanna use that sucker as a kitchen box or daily dry box your girlfriend is going to be less than impressed if you know what I mean. Clean or not.
Jamesdking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019   #26

Belgrade, Montana
Paddling Since: 1991
I just build a new one at each site and leave the old one for the next guy...

Old 05-19-2019   #27

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2013
I prefer to just give the groover to some random dude on the subway that looks like he has to take a dump.

almortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019   #28

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Quote:
Originally Posted by almortal View Post
I prefer to just give the groover to some random dude on the subway that looks like he has to take a dump.
That's one way to eliminate overcrowding on your subway car!
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote