How do you store your Groover? - Page 2 - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-10-2019   #11

Roaring Fork Valley, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
I keep mine with the lid open in my Yeti brand produce cooler.

Blade&Shaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2019   #12

lafayette or Grand Lake, CO., Colorado
Paddling Since: 1961
After 9/11 I got off About April 20th 2011 from GC with 3 rocket boxes full of shit. No working scat machine anywhere. I drove to Vegas for a shower and whatever. At this time they had security in place before you could cross over the dam. My trailer was piled high with rafting shit and 4 rocket boxes of everyone's personal shit. I was waved off to the side for a search by a newbie security guard. He politely asked me what was in the military boxes and I of course said they are full of my shit. He asked if I was going to tell him or not and I said I can not explain it any better. He took one box off my trailer as he opened it his supervisor and I ran for cover. Did I mention it was about 90 degrees? Lucky for one person (him) it was just a little pressurized. I thought his supervisor was going to pee himself while laughing. It did make my day. He did not check any other gear.
Old 05-11-2019   #13

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H. View Post
When it's not on the river mine does double duty as an end table next to the Hepplewhite love seat. It's about the perfect height and you can move it to the middle of the living room as a second coffee table when the book club meets. Usually I've got the Wedgewood compote and the cut-glass pickle dish on it.

Perfect !! Thanks for the laugh this AM Andy !!

I use a packet of RV tank deodorant sprinkled liberally inside, it's what I use on the river to kill the stench, so the groover is set and ready for use. There's also a product you can buy IIRC from NRS called Groover Tamer, there was a thread here on it last year if memory serves. It works really well, but is a tad on the spendy side compared to RV tank deodorant.
MNichols is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2019   #14
Boy Howdy!

Colotucky, USA
Paddling Since: 2006
I leave it stored 1/2 full and open underneath my ex's apartment window....
Old 05-14-2019   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
After 9/11 I got off About April 20th 2011 from GC with 3 rocket boxes full of shit. No working scat machine anywhere. I drove to Vegas for a shower and whatever. At this time they had security in place before you could cross over the dam. My trailer was piled high with rafting shit and 4 rocket boxes of everyone's personal shit. I was waved off to the side for a search by a newbie security guard. He politely asked me what was in the military boxes and I of course said they are full of my shit. He asked if I was going to tell him or not and I said I can not explain it any better. He took one box off my trailer as he opened it his supervisor and I ran for cover. Did I mention it was about 90 degrees? Lucky for one person (him) it was just a little pressurized. I thought his supervisor was going to pee himself while laughing. It did make my day. He did not check any other gear.
Thanks for the laugh. That's fucking hilarious.
jaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019   #16

Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
This thread is destined to be a classic!
MT4Runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019   #17

Fort Collins
Man I love groover threads! I always learn something new, and find something that causes uncontrollable laughter. Thanks Bighorn!
Old 05-15-2019   #18

West of Boulder, CO
Paddling Since: 1996
Just put some blue stuff and an inch or two of water in there and close it up. Its a toilet.
Old 05-15-2019   #19

thornton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1969
I use to take my groove's to my uncle's farm to dump and clean them out because he had a septic system and tank for his house sewer system. At times I would leave them there. My Aunt and Uncle were having a seafood boil a couple weeks later, they would use 5 stainless milk cans to do the boil and add special seasonings to the water for flavor and place them on a long fire pit to boil the seasoned water. When I arrived, my Aunt had placed my two grooves to the the fire pit along with the 5 milk cans for the seafood boil. When I explained to her what they were used for she decided not to use them, close call. Next time we set them up on a trip, some one comment that they smelled like cajun spices, I told them they serve double duty as seafood boil containers. I usually stored my groove's in the garage along with all my other shit.
raymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019   #20

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2013
Keep it in the bathroom and use it as the house toilet. Saves a lot of money on the water bill and people don't invite themselves over. When the 6 year old misbehaves her punishment is taking the groover to the RV dump.
Just remember, don't pee in the groover, pee in the bathtub.
almortal is online now   Reply With Quote