Green River Side streams Still Water run - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-02-2017   #1

Jenks, Oklahoma
Green River Side streams Still Water run

many years ago, I was on a float from Mineral Bottom to Hite on the lake.

I seem to remember we hit at least one clear side stream on the lower Green section. Have forgotten the location.

I am on a late september 2017 canoe float of the Green.

we will put in on the Green at Ruby Ranch float down to the Confluence use Tex for a jet boat shuttle back up to Moab.

Any of you folks have info on side streams location on this section to share?

Tex's notes you can settle out the Green silt and boil. I would like to use a clear stream if we can find a couple.

Appreciate any feedback and help.

okieboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2017   #2

Westminster, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Western Whitewater states springs can be found at Three Canyon (up the side canyon at Mile 30), Anderson Bottom (reliable spring at Mile 89) and Water Canyon (Mile 116)...anyone have recent beta?
Old 09-03-2017   #3

Moab, Utah
Water

Three canyon (Trin Alcove) has a clear water stream with reliable flow. It does come out of cow country and there is beaver activity in the area. Plan to treat.

Horseshoe Canyon is the same as above. You might have to go up 1/4 mi to find good flow.

Horsethief canyon has a spring about a mile up. Not the best source but will get you by.

Anderson Bottom is the best water on the Green River. It is a small spring that has been blasted out of the rock below the whiterim. It is about a 1/2 mi hike from the upper camp back to the wall where the spring is located under an alcove.

Water Canyon is quality a quality source but to get the best water you have to go up a couple of miles. This may not be practical for large quantities.

I generally just carry water for this whole stretch unless I'm packrafting.

Also think about just caching some water ahead of time at either Spring Canyon or at Mineral Bottom. You may even be able to talk Texas Riv. into doing this for you if you are using them for a shuttle.
scrtsqurrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2017   #4

Jenks, Oklahoma
Thanks gents for the information, much appreciated.

We are taking a gallon a day per person. And will position a vehicle with water and food at mineral bottom.

We will check out these spots on our trip. Put in is 26 september so it should be a good time to be on the river.

thanks again

dave AKA okieboater
okieboater is offline   Reply With Quote