Granite Rapid on Salt River AZ - Mountain Buzz

Old 02-16-2017   #1

Jenks, Oklahoma
Granite Rapid on Salt River AZ

I have run the Salt a number of times.

Each run, I took the river left line around the center rocks. At low water it is for sure a rocky ride in a raft.

I have heard there is a good raft line on hard river right?

Any one out there who has experience rowing a raft down this river right line at Granite if it is there?

Appreciate the info.

dave

okieboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2017   #2

Bisters, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2002
Both lines are straight forward. The right line can get a little pushy for a heavy raft. If you go down the right the only real threat would be to miss the move back left below the rocks and get shoved into the rocks on river right. I saw a raft flip that way once.
jmacn is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules