Getting Ready to Cancel a Yampa Launch for 7/21 - Mountain Buzz
 

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Rafting


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-14-2013   #1
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 18
Getting Ready to Cancel a Yampa Launch for 7/21

Could be very low. My loss is your gain.

Jon-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-14-2013   #2
The Russian
 
kazak4x4's Avatar
 
SLC, Utah
Paddling Since: 2005
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,390
There is even July 7th available now for Yampa, doubt water will be there at all.
__________________
-ALEX [ youtube ][ my boat ][ riverbrain.com ]
kazak4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013   #3
 
D-Sieve's Avatar
 
Boise, Idahoer
Paddling Since: 2011
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 79
Hmm, I thought the flows looked pretty good. I'm launching on 6/26, first timer - any guesses on what I might be looking at flow-wise? Thanks!
D-Sieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-14-2013   #4
The Russian
 
kazak4x4's Avatar
 
SLC, Utah
Paddling Since: 2005
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,390
4350 cfs now, so in less than two weeks... I'd assume if you get 2-3k, you will be lucky.
__________________
-ALEX [ youtube ][ my boat ][ riverbrain.com ]
kazak4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013   #5
 
Conejos Canyon & Houston, CO & TX
Paddling Since: 1979
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Sieve View Post
Hmm, I thought the flows looked pretty good. I'm launching on 6/26, first timer - any guesses on what I might be looking at flow-wise? Thanks!
here is the forecast: YAMPA - DEERLODGE PARK (YDLC2)
crispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013   #6
 
D-Sieve's Avatar
 
Boise, Idahoer
Paddling Since: 2011
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 79
The forecasts are what I'm expecting. I thought 2 to 3 grand was pretty good.
D-Sieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013   #7
 
peterB's Avatar
 
Teacher
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 569
2 -3 grand is great!. Under 700 is when you start to worry.
__________________
friend of the fork, knife, and spoon
peterB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013   #8
 
Conejos Canyon & Houston, CO & TX
Paddling Since: 1979
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Sieve View Post
The forecasts are what I'm expecting. I thought 2 to 3 grand was pretty good.
yes, we are launching 7/3 and have decided to go for Lodore...
crispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013   #9
 
dork, confusion
Paddling Since: 2000
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 204
who is this crispy person?
chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013   #10
 
Goldwolf's Avatar
 
Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1995
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3
Okay folks- so I've got a July 4 Yampa permit. Should I eat my $185 permit or hold out hope that flows will be >= 700cfs on that day. We have small crafts (1 small cat, 1 small raft, and a couple of tandem iks) and the group is comfortable with really low flows. I have looked through quite a bit of historical data and it looks like it might hold, but it's gonna be close.
Thanks!
Goldwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Topic Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yampa / Lodore - extra spots july 3 launch crispy Kayaking | Trip Planner 2 06-24-2013 10:13 PM
Got a July 12 Main permit. Gonna cancel slamkal Kayaking | Trip Planner 27 03-24-2013 07:43 AM
Yampa June 29th launch need another raft!!! ecarlson972 Rafting | Trip Planner 0 06-14-2011 09:05 PM
If you're going to cancel a San Juan or Chama permit, would you let me know? BLott Kayaking | Trip Planner 2 06-01-2010 12:02 PM
Yampa or Lodore, launch Friday, April 9th Dave Frank Whitewater Kayaking 0 04-05-2004 09:47 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.