GC food pack - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-08-2016   #1

dallas divide co, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
GC food pack

just returned from a short notice Grand Canyon trip and wanted to recommend using Artisan Kitchen for food pack. I / we were totally impressed with Artisan Kitchen.The owner Shaun is a ROCKSTAR the food was some of the very best i have ever had on a river trip and Shaun was such a nice person to deal with. He does the vac-seal boil bag meals that were fantastic.We also brought a little weber gas grill and shaun packed some awesome marinated meats that worked perfectly with that setup .Very reasonable prices and with only about a 1 week lead time! I have done 8 grand trips some we did our own food ,some we used outfitter food packs{nameless} and I must say Artisan was by far the best!!!Especially for a hot summer trip it was so great to just put a chickie pail on the blaster and have such an awesome meal ready quickly with very little prep and then use the hot water for dishes.Give Artisan a try you won't be disappointed!!!

riversoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2016   #2

Colo Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Lots of Artisan's came up with a Google search. Do you know their website? What was the cost for how many people?
David L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016   #3

Bisters, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2002
Expensive but worth it. I had their food once & it was very, very good!

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
jmacn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2016   #4

Sean at>

artisanskitchenflagstaff.com

[email protected]

5200 E. Cortland BLVD.
Suite C-7
Flagstaff, AZ.

(92 779-3662
Old 07-09-2016   #5

(92 eight) 779-3662
Old 07-09-2016   #6

Time is $$$
So reasonable.

Deep freezes coolers as well.
Old 07-09-2016   #7

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Quote:
Originally Posted by riversoul View Post
Time is $$$
So reasonable.

Deep freezes coolers as well.
Care to say how much you paid for this service? CEIBA has something about using Artisan for their "Ready Made" food menu but it doesn't say how much it was per person. Everything on the menu sounds great and since its just a "boil some water and drop the bags in" it makes for the easiest cooking possible.

Delicious and Simple River Meals from Artisan’s Kitchen | Ceiba Adventures Blog

Food & Menus | Ceiba Adventures
Electric-Mayhem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016   #8

We paid $400 per person for 16 days.

This included one extra portion to cover any big eaters,
although the portions were more than adequate with sometimes more than we could eat.
We had record heat in the Canyon though, so appetites were tempered.

We chose to buy our own condiments>
(i.e.: syrup/mustard & mayo/hot sauce/olive oil/lemons & limes etc.)
and brought our own spice box...

We also covered 8 simple deserts and our own coffee and creamer.

All in all...this eliminated the "too much mayo" problem and simplified our shop with minimal extra expense and time.

Bottom line>
Sean is a the guy.
Old 07-10-2016   #9

Aurora, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
That sounds like an interesting option, from the standpoint of pre-prepared meals.

As far as the cost, it's hard to try comparing costs to other outfitters, or to what I pack on my own when lots of items are left out. Condiments, especially, I find add up quickly.

Is it fair to guess that between the condiments, deserts, ice and propane that you spent another $100/person? I'm just trying to get a better idea of the overall cost to be able to compare to self-pack and other outfitter options. I usually sit at around $10/person/day including ice, propane, etc. But I also will spend around 20-25 hours between shopping, cooking and vacuum sealing to get the boil-in-bag menu.

All in all, it sounds pretty fair for being all prepared, but still has some sticker shock, as do all the foodpack options, IMO.
climbdenali is offline   Reply With Quote