Fun team player female boater looking for a space on a Grand Canyon trip Spring 2014 - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Rafting

Old 01-18-2014   #1
Life Adventure Guide

Ogden, Utah
Paddling Since: 2012
Send a message via Skype™ to Tamaramaui
Fun team player female boater looking for a space on a Grand Canyon trip Spring 2014

I am praying a fun group is looking to round out their trip with one more fun female boater. I have been on three multi day river trips and am great as a team player, setting up and breaking camp, cooking, groover duties, game playing, etc... I can row although I'm somewhat petite. I make up for it with enthusiasm and focus. I love the side adventures too... Hiking, trail running, fishing. Mostly I love adventure and the Grand Canyon is one of my big bucket list dreams. My baby graduates from high school and I need a solid distraction from the impending empty nest.

Tamaramaui is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2014   #2

Reno, Nevada
Paddling Since: 1999
We're full up on ours, should that change I'll give you a shout.
Barnburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #3
Life Adventure Guide

Ogden, Utah
Thank you Barnburner. I appreciate the consideration.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2014   #4

Jackson, Wyoming
Will keep you in mind as lottery results start coming back. What is your boating background (kayaker, rafter etc..)? Planning on several multidays with raft support this year, and also some kayak self support trips.

Sam
wyosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #5
Life Adventure Guide

Ogden, Utah
I have three multi day trips -middle fork salmon AUG 2012 (8 days/16 people), main salmon JUL 2012 (7 days/20 people), and high water middle fork salmon -put in at marsh creek last MAY 2013 as permit holder (7 days/8 people). And several days trips. Mostly on a raft. I have rowed about 1/3 of the time and feel solid as a relief rower. I have kayaked IKs through some class III and IV, and I have newly gotten a creeker but I am not skilled enough to take it out yet. Still learning my roll.

I am very organized and responsible. I am enthusiastic and determined and love being part of a crew. I love everything about the water. I raced sailboats (24' ultralights) in college, and was captain of my team my senior year, and while I recognize that the sports are different, I do have a level head and some solid water skills.

I am competent with setting up camp and understand the intricacies and ethics of multi day river trips. I am easy going and hard working, but most of all I love to have fun.

I am a life coach and am currently working on a book about the importance of enhancing life vitality by embracing adventure. This trip (perhaps along with some other river trips this year) is part of a chapter on River Wilderness Adventure.
Old 01-19-2014   #6

BOZEMAN, Montana
Paddling Since: 1980
Hi Tamara...Have an April 29 launch date that might work.

Please feel free to call me at 406-599-3876...thanks JT
montanajt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014   #7

at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
someone recently posted on the Idaho Whitewater Yahoo group that they were looking for someone for a trip this spring. Good luck!