Experienced Boater Looking for trips - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-31-2012   #1

Nederland, Co. nearest town., Either grace or kerfuffled
Paddling Since: 1985
Experienced Boater Looking for trips

Hi...Some of you know me as Jungle Jane. I have 20 + years experience, from Grand Canyon To Idaho (commercial and private.) I am looking for a trip spot to get on a quality private. I am completely self contained; 15 foot SB, miscellaneous gear; lots of logistical and safety experience.
I know a gazillion songs on guitar, can read bird sonograms, row long mile, head wind days;..cannot afford "outfitted trips"...(A+ menu/logistics can be done $15-$10/person-day...)Main Salmon-Sept,...Grand?....Leadore?...Rogue?
Deso?
Email, pm, call me for any possibilities...Even if post date is old.
Jungle Jane

Pete halverson...what is your buzzard name?

Jungle Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2012   #2

Snowmass, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
FYI, Deso has lots of open launches if you're into solo runs.
Old 08-02-2012   #3

Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2006
How about the Middlefork of the Salmon Aug 26th through Sept 2nd? Rafting with a great group of good people. Let me know. Thanks
tanderscuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2012   #4

Thanks, earth NRG

Thanks for the info. I love doing late season (Sept., Oct) solo trips in Deso. That is on TO DO list...haven't checked water levels lately...but its in back pocket; as its relatively close, permits are cheap; one of few Multi day trips I'm comfortable doing solo.

I'm totally open to having company along on these trips; provided you have your own boat/kayak/canoe; and leave your watch in dry bag. And if you're wondering, as long as he /she wears a life jacket, I will take your dog(s) too, if they are they still aloud in Deso(?)..it'll cost ya...maybe a Lambic or two.

If anyone reading this happens to be a single, drop dead gorgeous, long/unkempt haired, river trip-curious male with eyes that leave me breathless; I think I can find room for you. (Or you're welcome to use my inflatable Kayak.)

Also planning to run Main Salmon early sept...was on sept. 2 launch that just canceled.. very easy to get permit there, late season...and they're cheap too. Permit season ends officially 9/7 on the Main.

Ran three, 6-day Main trips last year between Aug. 17th and Sept. 21; beautiful time of year up there! I'd run it solo; (Not during spring runoff though!) very much easier than middle fork. Keeps moving along; even low...lots more gradient than desert type riparian zones. Tons of river otters too!

Jungle Jane
Old 08-03-2012   #5

Oh thank you so much for invite. Have one commitment, Sept 1. Its a really stellar guitar player, I've been in his band since 1999...if it cancels I'd ;love to go. Only seen middle Fork below 2 feet, I think (been a while)...that's a pretty late trip...you going from dagger falls or flying into indian creek?
Old 08-03-2012   #6

Dear Tanderscuba,

love to do MF, as I replied (but not clear on forum) I have a gig Sept 1 in Denver. If it cancels I'll let you know. In the mean time, please tell me about your 'great group.'
An d also read my post two or three above this one. I'm planning on going up to do Main salmon since Sept 2 launch canceled. Did it 3 times last year between 8/17 AND 9/30...it very easy to get permit that time of year on Main...wondering if you've ever combined and done a Middle Main 16 day trip?
yes I know shuttle is nightmare, but I have some friends up there as well as Jet boat connects; not sure if they're doing jetback shuttles again...last years new rapids shut down most of Jet back business when river got low. (They're fun rapids though).

Anyways, read my above post...I love MF, and please tell me some details about your trip. Trying to hook up with some cool new floating partners...its a lifetime thing for me...and since I'm not related to anyone in Grand Canyon; can't get regular crew position down there...and I'm too old to guide everywhere else (Freelanced for a while, but all the guides except in GC were half my age!

Jungle Jane
[email protected]
303 642-0823

(Anyone in Denver /Boulder area whose interested in The Real Thing...Buddy Guy tyoe blues guitar player...named Sammy Mayfield: he's amazing. In the Rock and Roll hall of fame...lives in denver; been working in his band for 10 years...pm me if you;re interesterd in coming.)
Old 08-03-2012   #7
Dipshit with the most.

Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
What's a bird sonogram?
carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012   #8
Plunk your magic twanger!

New Castle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Quote: