Mountain Buzz banner

Dog Returns from Upper C and won't stop Sh*tting

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  stribtw 
#1 ·
Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help me out with some advise with bringing my dog up to the river. She loves rafting and going up to the mellow upper C but after returning home she typically has the runs for a about a week or so.

I try to give her water that I bring but she neglects it and just drinks from the river. Has anyone had this same problem and determined a solution?

Thanks,

-Will

#2 ·
How old? When my pup was young and first few years on river she would have upset stomachs but now it doesnt phase her. Maybe they just need to get used to it? I'm no vet but that's how my pup went and she's had plenty of checks and never had parasites or anything.

Sent from my VS988 using Mountain Buzz mobile app

#4 ·
I'm not sure why that is happening but I recommend asking your vet for some Tylosin powder. It's an antibiotic powder that is often prescribed to dogs for chronic diarrhea. It's very bitter so you will need to trick your dog into eating it, but it always worked for my dog on the first dose. I was always amazed how quick it resolved the problem 100%.

Good luck!

#5 ·
My in laws have the same problem when there dog drinks out of the lake of the Ozarks.
That dog LOVES drinking that water, specially from a super soaker, but then gets the runs real good....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.