Deso - 12k - video - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-18-2015   #1
The Russian

SLC, Utah
Paddling Since: 2005
Deso - 12k - video

Made a video to capture the joy of Deso rafting with the family. 12k, fun level. We had a few IK swims in Joe Hutch, Three Fords and Coal Creek. All were yanked out successfully. Rained almost every day which made it much cooler than a usual Deso weather.

Advertisement

Old 06-18-2015   #2

Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1976
Fun fun fun. Looks like you had decent weather. A week earlier, we had storms for the first four days. Hail, lighting, the works.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Mountain Buzz mobile app
Whetstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015   #3
$5 shower

Historic Montrose, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1977
BRAVO!
Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2015   #4

Avon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
Great Stuff Alex.....thanks for sharing.

Funny how i always thought Joe Hutch Rapid was like 200 yards wide, cause i had only seen it in video. Then i rounded the corner and it was tighter than expected !!
ENDOMADNESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015   #5
The Russian

SLC, Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDOMADNESS View Post
Great Stuff Alex.....thanks for sharing.

Funny how i always thought Joe Hutch Rapid was like 200 yards wide, cause i had only seen it in video. Then i rounded the corner and it was tighter than expected !!
Well it is very wide and at our level the right side was open as well. It feels tight if you want to catch the big wave train on the left. It really isn't big, feels big to newer boaters I guess. Once you hit the V, 2 big waves and you are done.
Old 06-18-2015   #6

Avon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
we ran it at 8K...guardian hole right and the main hole center was pretty big, but punchable. I guess i meant to say the videos make it look 2 miles wide !! lol. Love the truth or dare video segment
ENDOMADNESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015   #7
The Russian

SLC, Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDOMADNESS View Post
we ran it at 8K...guardian hole right and the main hole center was pretty big, but punchable. I guess i meant to say the videos make it look 2 miles wide !! lol. Love the truth or dare video segment
That's the highlight for the kids every night. The guy who is in charge of the game (Dan from riverbrain.com) comes up with the most awesome dares. This time we had oyster in oil, sardines, cat fish bait for smelling/tasting. Half our garbage was crap from Truth or Dare, lol. I think we need to include adults on the next game and take it up a notch.
Old 06-18-2015   #8
BCJ

Grand Junction, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
Excellent video. Thanks!
BCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015   #9

McCammon, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2012
That looked like a great trip.
We put in on Aug 10th, I finally talked one of my daughters into going with me. I am really excited for this trip.
FishingAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015   #10

Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazak4x4 View Post
Well it is very wide and at our level the right side was open as well. It feels tight if you want to catch the big wave train on the left. It really isn't big, feels big to newer boaters I guess. Once you hit the V, 2 big waves and you are done.
At 15000 it's very wide and yes the toungue shot is kinda narrow. At that level both holes, top right and lower left, are plenty big enough to swallow a 14er. Its very easy to run it right but dang dont run it wrong. Not at higher levels anyway. Love your videos Dude!

Sent from my SM-G386T using Mountain Buzz mobile app
Whetstone is offline   Reply With Quote