I make cowboy coffee in a 36 cup pot. It started life as a percolator, but percolating sucked so I took the percolator parts out and just use the Pot.
For fast, strong coffee for 15-25 people:
1) Fill with water up to bottom of spout holes.
2) Boil, pour a little boiling water into a thermos to prime thermos for coffee.
3) Pour 2.5 cups of course ground coffee in the pot.
4) Stir vigorously with large spoon.
5) Let sit for two minutes, open top, grounds will have floated to the surface and formed a stiff cake. Smash up cake of grounds and stir vigorously again.
6) return to low heat for 8 or so minutes.
7) Open lid and stir vigorously.
Pour 1 cup of cold water into top of vortex of funnel formed by vigorous stir, do not pour into middle of vortext straight to the bottom.
9) Cold water will settle to the bottom and pull grounds that were in the center of the vortex to the bottom as well.
10) Pour first pour into thermos and fill thermos for later.
11) Serve directly into mugs with a nice selection of Whiskey, Bailey's Irish Cream, Half and Half, etc.
12) Make your friend clean the grounds out of the pot.
Best of luck,