Mountain Buzz banner

chickie pail buckets

6K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  raymo 
#1 ·
anyone know where you can purchase them in Denver?

#9 ·
+1 on the Sterilite tubs. They also fit in my kitchen dry box. We did melt a hole in the side of one when a hot frying pan made contact with the side of a pan on our last trip. A piece of Gorilla tape applied to the inside wall was a quick repair that was leak proof for the rest of the trip.

#10 ·
I have 2 of the enamelware basins (for hot wash & rinse - they can be reheated on blaster) AND 2 plastic tubs (Sterilite, probably, but stickers are long gone) - everything fits in one old duffel along with a strainer and all scrub brushes, soap, chlorox, etc. Used chickie pails for years - grew to hate packing 'em and they do collect scunge in crevices.
Never going back...

#13 ·
Doubleshadow, tell us your reasons so that we all might know.

Yes, I am a Geezer. Can't hardly deny that. I'm on Social Security and going on Medicare next year. In other words, I'm happily retired. Wished I could have done it 40 years ago,,, but I've been semi-retired for the last 30.

Yes, I do dishes in Chicky Pails when doing meals for 16 to 24 people that dirty everything in the kitchen box that likely includes giant pots, pans, 18" dutch ovens and perhaps 16x28 griddles. When doing self support these days, I'm more likely to just use my tongue and a chlorox wipe.

I have even done the dishes in my high back DRE captain's chair removed from the boat and conveniently placed in front of the 4 wide mouth chickie pails down on the wet sand at waters edge.

Thanks for the troll. The day was kinda slow sitting here in my rocker after doing a mtn bike ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.