Cataract, Carlisle Oars Deal - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-11-2012   #1

Riverton, Utah
Paddling Since: 1991
Cataract, Carlisle Oars Deal

Thought I would pass this along so others could take advantage of a good deal. Backcountry.com has Cataract and Carlisle oars at 30% off. I picked up some SGG's today at the warehouse for my new boat. Blades are also discounted.

I have no affiliation with Backcountry, just wanted to let others know about a good buy.

Ewetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2012   #2

Logan, Utah
Paddling Since: 2001
Just wanted to echo this, I've been nothing but impressed with Backcountry.com, and I checked out all their oars and blades in person a few weeks ago. Limited colors on oar shafts, but for the price who cares?
sssarahevt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012   #3

portland, Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssarahevt
Just wanted to echo this, I've been nothing but impressed with Backcountry.com, and I checked out all their oars and blades in person a few weeks ago. Limited colors on oar shafts, but for the price who cares?
Just picked up a pair of watershed colorados. I wish they had a wider selection i could have gone for a pair of Cat Sgx's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2012   #4

Logan, Utah
yea, they certainly don't specialize in boating gear, I thing they take advantage of having Advanced Composites right around the corner and can pull some deals. Who knows what the mark up on oars is ect...
Old 08-18-2012   #5

portland, Oregon
Factory blems? The blue cat shafts i got were slightly off color between them but otherwise good
Old 08-18-2012   #6

portland, Oregon
They like to ship everything individually packaged. Like i've purchased three times each was a pair of items and got six tracking labels

Their two day ship promo is nice but its only two days max to the nw using economy ground
Old 08-18-2012   #7

Logan, Utah
I'm lucky enough to be in state: I place an order, pay for the cheapest shipping available, and it typically arrives within 24 hours. I had a 14 hour order-to-delivery around christmas last year...
Old 08-18-2012   #8

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Just a heads up on Carlisle oars, this years batch has something wrong with the plastic cover and in heat they are expanding. I had 9 oars shipped to me in June and July, every one NRS says were fine when shipped, especially the last 6, every one the plastic had expanded to cover the button hole and became longer than the oars. Sent every one back. Yes this is easily fixable with a knife and cut the plastic off. But NRS even did a test that the plastic expanded in just regular sun. Yes the sun in Seattle, so just imagine what happens in the desert heat. They ended up shipping all their Carlisle oars back and won't have any in stock for 90 -120 days depending on Carlisle fixing the problem.
Dahlia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012   #9

Northern Utah, Utah
Paddling Since: 1990
Check that - NRS has the Carlisle shafts on sale for 25% off with a disclaimer about the plastic expansion problem.

Carlisle Oar Shafts - Closeout at NRSweb.com
FatmanZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012   #10

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Yup saw that too, but that's exactly what I'm talking about. Notice that if it's not a close out they don't have any. They sent most back, and yes, they now are selling some with the disclaimer. A week ago they weren't gonna sell any of them at all. I was just giving the heads up if people cared about the defect. I was just the person that they discovered the problem with. I'm sure it doesn't matter who you buy them from, the plastic is expanding. That's all.
Dahlia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carlisle, cataract